Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ExtendView Side Mirrors -- outstanding visibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry forgot to upload IMAGE of mirror. This is the passenger mirror. Notice the diagonal line on right part of mirror glass.

This is where the "WIDE" view starts. It will distort a bit around the line as you move from regular view to wide view.

Its weird at first, but you get used to it and appreciate the blind spot coverage. ESPECIALLY with the top on!

attachment.php

upload_2018-12-7_11-52-53.png

attachment.php

Last edited:
Got them FINALLY from BRG as suggested by @MCroadster. They are AWESOME! You need to get used to the slight distortion of the cars as they get closer where mirror has the "LINE". This shows the separation between normal and wide field of views, but its GREAT for blind spot elimination. I HIGHLY recommend anyone with a roadster to pick up a set. Just expect to wait a few months before they actually show up from British Racing Group....

Thanks for the recommendation!
Glad to hear it worked out.
I was also quite surprised how long it took to arrive, but it has been totally worth it! It fits really snug in the housing, almost like it was from the factory.
Hands down the most useful upgrade I have found so far.

You were supposed to read the enclosed directions carefully, which they probably did not enclose (Same thing happened to me). However, they were "nice" enough to sell me a replacement for one side for only $80 and include an instruction sheet.

I remember reading here in a previous message to only press on the outside edges, not in the center. So sorry it broke for you.

I'm still debating whether to order the mirrors. Probably will wish I did at some point, but with the discussion of simply pushing the existing mirror view out farther, I'll try that first to see how it does for me...

Yes they are glass and VERY FRAGILE.

You cut the 2 round adhesive pads into 4 pieces. Take the 4 pieces and apply to the 4 outside edges of the glass.
Then apply pressure ONLY to the corners where the adhesive is. NEVER press the center as the amount of force will break the glass. There should have been instructions with the mirrors on exactly how to install and caution you on only pressing the outside edged and not the center.

They are great mirrors once you get them installed properly!

I would suggest using a good quality silicon glue like GE II instead. Much better than pressure adhesives, IMO. I attached convex mirrors with it on my 2001 Prius and after 17 years when I finally parted with it they were still on, firm as ever. You don't need to apply but the slightest pressure, just use painter's tape so the mirrors will stay in place while the silicon cures.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rolf68
I would suggest using a good quality silicon glue like GE II instead. Much better than pressure adhesives, IMO. I attached convex mirrors with it on my 2001 Prius and after 17 years when I finally parted with it they were still on, firm as ever. You don't need to apply but the slightest pressure, just use painter's tape so the mirrors will stay in place while the silicon cures.

That is a lot easier. Just make sure that you don't apply too much that is squishes out around the edge.

I do want to share a success story re visibility improvements....not wanting to dive into running any electrical wires I got a completely wireless review camera. Completely. There are 2 on the market that I have found, this one seemed more water proof (based on comments) and solar power...rechargable via USB (but that remains to be seen ...the USB port is way in the back and may have to take the plate off to recharge...will see and cross that bridge when it comes to it. Supposed to last for months on single charge)

Here is boxbox.jpg

Camera was designed to fit on top of the license plate..it arrived already stuck to the license plate backing plate...you could take it off of that which is what I did. Note, I had gotten after market Tesla labeled plates for fun so this may fit differently on your plate frame.

I had to drill a couple of holes in the plate frame (it only had 2 at top) the frame was stainless steel but no big issue to drill holes. It was too thick along the sides to fit in the groves with the provided back panel from the camera kit. There may be another solution (eg design/use another back panel ) but this is what I did: I trimmed off the edges of the license plate outside frame and then everything fit fine. Note I don't have my final license plates yet (just the paper ones) so may have to revise when they arrive.

the solar chargers fit fine. 20190622_191831.jpg

The camera instead of going on top as pictured on the box (as the tesla bumper light is in the way there), I flipped to go on the bottom. While it was stuck very securely with the tape they provided, I am a bit of belt and suspenders kind of girl, so added a thin stainless bracket I made to go from each of the bottom screw holes in the license plate/holder, and bent to provide an edge support to the bottom of the camera 20190622_191924.jpg

The mount stuck securely using a suction cup in the spacious front seat area (ha!) of the roadster. just plug in to the 12v lighter spot . It comes on automatically and then goes off (user defined 30,60 or 90 sec "on" period...I also unplug after backing out so I can use 12v for phone). 20190622_192351.jpg

Good back up image, Not 170 about 140 degrees. But good enough. With helpful back up lines.20190622_192322.jpg

Attachments

• 20190622_192322.jpg
    20190622_192322.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: hcsharp
Okay I need some tips, I got mine, and there is like a 2mm gap in the middle when the edges are in contact..... Even with light touch to trip to push in to get it to sit, it broke.

Yes that the convex part. It sticks out in the center from the mirror. Look closely at these. Notice the gap in the top middle.

attachment.php

Just push on the OUTER CORNERS only and it will work perfectly. they are not going to be FLAT! as then they wouldn't be doing their JOB if they were.

Ughh....yeah the glass bulging out of the side mirror housing is definitely a show stopper for me.

Always thought we needed an aftermarket camera visualization solution, 3 cameras, that would go to a video combiner and provide a single camera signal for a head unit input, switched on with reverse and turn signal inputs. Not sure if there is a solution out there, I’ve looked but nothing seems worthy.