Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

extension cord anti-theft device?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any ideas on how to secure an extension cord whilst leaving the car charging over night? I just paid $150 for a good cord and would hate to see it walk off! I know I've seen a plate like device that holds the cable and then you drive onto the plate, but I can't find it now.
I drove into the cable last night, but that doesn't do the cable any good in the long run.

Personally I use a bike cable around the tire and a simple Master Lock with a long enough lock that I can put the bike cable and the extension chord in then lock it. A quick trip to the hardware store should be all you need. Other wise try what is mentioned above.

Pax,

Father Bill

Personally I use a bike cable around the tire and a simple Master Lock with a long enough lock that I can put the bike cable and the extension chord in then lock it. A quick trip to the hardware store should be all you need. Other wise try what is mentioned above.

Pax,
Father Bill

Something like this.

CableLock.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions, I was looking for the connector protector link when I wrote the first message. But after seeing the picture with the padlock, I've changed my mind (and saved some money) and will be getting a padlock today. Thanks for posting.