Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

extension cord for home wall charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we have two garages side by side. no, not a '2 car garage' they have separate doors and entrances etc., It's a duplex but our family lives in the whole thing. Anyway, we have a model S already with a Gen 2 Wall charger and we are about to put a model 3 in the other garage. I'd prefer not to have another wall charger installed but the cable on the existing one isn't long enough to reach the other garage. What are my options? Is there such a thing as an extension cord that will work?

we have two garages side by side. no, not a '2 car garage' they have separate doors and entrances etc., It's a duplex but our family lives in the whole thing. Anyway, we have a model S already with a Gen 2 Wall charger and we are about to put a model 3 in the other garage. I'd prefer not to have another wall charger installed but the cable on the existing one isn't long enough to reach the other garage. What are my options? Is there such a thing as an extension cord that will work?
I bought a j1772 extension and a Tesla to j1772 adapter and used the included j1772 to Tesla adapter. It worked flawless. The Tesla to j1772 was not cheap but very nicely made. Bought both on Amazon.

You can get different lengths and max amps.

Oh, I think I flipped a dip in the Wall Connector to solve some glitch with it. Legacy mode. I bought one that was rated for much higher amps than what I was running for increased safety margin.