Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extension Cord Sidewalk Push Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in MD and we are a right to charge state which means I can install a charge at my home with HOA consent.

They don’t have a problem with my charger but they do have a problem with it extending over the sidewalk in front on my TH.

I’m not even sure what the legalities of this. I know it can be a tripping hazard which is why I bought the rubber mat.

They are talking about it this week and they will let me know their decision.

Anyone else have this kind of issue in their neighborhood?
6C8F6815-2973-4B44-8352-D84460BB881F.jpeg

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: cdswm3 and KenC
I charge in my own driveway in my own house and always make sure the cord is in a place where nobody passes by it. I wouldn't want anybody tripping over it nor stepping on it. In a public spot I wouldn't do it myself even if it is light foot traffic.

Reactions: Originalando
That's a bummer of a situation, but I wouldn't want that cable across the sidewalk either.

What's to the right of your car? Could you have a Wall Connector installed over there on a post?

Reactions: Sunnyside and tm1v2
How about an arbor or pergola to go over the sidewalk

Thank you very much for the responses.

I don’t have a drive way or a way to get the cord to my car without it going across that sidewalk.

If can feed a cord under the sidewalk somehow then great but the other side is all road so I’m not sure how that will work or if I have permission.

Some suggested I build a permanent box. How can I do that and where would it go?

3/4 weather resistant outdoor conduit with #6 wire for a 40 amp "charger" for permanent installation. Getting a hole under the sidewalk..I have seen it done but I don't think you can rent that piece of equipment,,? for a permanent installation..
Yeah, you would have to get permission for a permanent charge station..HOA go for that? possible, depends..

Reactions: Floydsox