TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Extension cord

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by HawaiiBee, Nov 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. HawaiiBee

HawaiiBee Member

Places you need this : J1772 Extension Cord

Pacific Guardian Center
    Kahala Mall (unless you drive against traffic)

Works great.

2. HawaiiBee

HawaiiBee Member

30 Amp Extension Cord

Anyone else have an extension cord? J1772 Extension Cord (Blue car on the website is mine)

Pacific Guardian Center installed the charger in a place that can only be pulled into. So, made sense to buy this : J1772 Extension Cord

Kahala Mall as well, unless you are willing to drive against traffic, you'll need this cord.

~$300

In my old car, $0.30 / mile, I would have paid for it in 100 miles.

Being that Tesla is about $0.10 / mile, 3,000 miles charged @ work , I break even.

Tesla-Extension-Cord2.jpg

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

@HawaiiBee: as a new member your posts don't appear right away. No need to post multiple times if you don't see it pop up immediately. ;-) It's just part of our anti-spam program but you should soon see your posts appearing in real time as you become a trusted member.

4. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Thanks HawaiiBee...never knew there was an extension cord. Add Mililani Town Center to the list where you need this. I rarely charge at a public charging station since they're usually leaf'd and I haven't had the need too unless I go around the island, but would be nice to not have to back into the stall.

5. HawaiiBee

HawaiiBee Member

thanks, didn't read the message between post (changes pages too fast..)

- - - Updated - - -

Leaf'd lol.

We have a theory that the leafs in our building call each other to busy out the stall. We see them on the street queued up.

But they do need it, I had one owner call me asking to use the stall since she had range anxiety. So I moved.

6. Tedkidd

Tedkidd Member

Range anxiety in Hawaii... That sort of like people who always gas up at 1/2 tank?

7. spleen

spleen Active Member

In a Leaf, happens pretty easily. I've easily taken it down to less than 5 miles showing on the GOM and on one occasion, down to 0. Even in Hawaii. :)

8. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Range anxiety in Hawaii is absolutely possible. I've gotten below 25 miles of range left on more than one occasion with my P85, and I even sat on chargers during the day when possible. We may be islands, but we go nowhere fast! :tongue:

9. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

At Kahala, I usually find there's enough room to come down the row the right way and back into the stall.

$235 for a cable, although high quality, seems like a pretty high price to pay, just in my opinion.