Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extension cord

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
30 Amp Extension Cord

Anyone else have an extension cord? J1772 Extension Cord (Blue car on the website is mine)

Pacific Guardian Center installed the charger in a place that can only be pulled into. So, made sense to buy this : J1772 Extension Cord

Kahala Mall as well, unless you are willing to drive against traffic, you'll need this cord.

~$300

In my old car, $0.30 / mile, I would have paid for it in 100 miles.

Being that Tesla is about $0.10 / mile, 3,000 miles charged @ work , I break even.

Tesla-Extension-Cord2.jpg

@HawaiiBee: as a new member your posts don't appear right away. No need to post multiple times if you don't see it pop up immediately. ;-) It's just part of our anti-spam program but you should soon see your posts appearing in real time as you become a trusted member.

Thanks HawaiiBee...never knew there was an extension cord. Add Mililani Town Center to the list where you need this. I rarely charge at a public charging station since they're usually leaf'd and I haven't had the need too unless I go around the island, but would be nice to not have to back into the stall.

thanks, didn't read the message between post (changes pages too fast..)

- - - Updated - - -

Leaf'd lol.

We have a theory that the leafs in our building call each other to busy out the stall. We see them on the street queued up.

But they do need it, I had one owner call me asking to use the stall since she had range anxiety. So I moved.

Anyone else have an extension cord? J1772 Extension Cord (Blue car on the website is mine)

Pacific Guardian Center installed the charger in a place that can only be pulled into. So, made sense to buy this : J1772 Extension Cord

Kahala Mall as well, unless you are willing to drive against traffic, you'll need this cord.

~$300

In my old car, $0.30 / mile, I would have paid for it in 100 miles.

Being that Tesla is about $0.10 / mile, 3,000 miles charged @ work , I break even.

View attachment 63287

At Kahala, I usually find there's enough room to come down the row the right way and back into the stall.

$235 for a cable, although high quality, seems like a pretty high price to pay, just in my opinion.