TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Exterior accent lights with non-premium interior upgrade

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jmsurpri, Apr 20, 2016.

1. jmsurpri

jmsurpri Member

Can anyone verify that the accent lights circled in the picture are standard and don't require the premium interior upgrade? I was told by the folks at the store that they are standard, as well as the graphic on the display shows them lit when the lights are on, but mine have never worked since delivery. I'm bringing my car in for a few issues, this being one, and was told that they are only available with premium upgrade.

[​IMG]

2. timf

timf Member

Those accent lights are only included on Model S with the premium package. Without it, you will still get the accent lights around the headlights but nothing down low.

3. jmsurpri

jmsurpri Member

Well that really sucks, because I specifically pointed at it and asked if they were included standard, and was told yes. Also, with Tesla's attention to detail on the displays, you would think they wouldn't make a mistake and show it lit up on the display..