Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior box big enough to hold the UMC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who've done exterior installs of your NEMA 14-50, has anyone found a good outlet box that's large enough to hold the UMC? I know that it's weatherproof, etc., but I'd like to keep it covered if possible.

For those of you who've done exterior installs of your NEMA 14-50, has anyone found a good outlet box that's large enough to hold the UMC? I know that it's weatherproof, etc., but I'd like to keep it covered if possible.

I'm looking for the same product but no luck so far. I think we are unlikely to find it due to the size of the 14-50 adapter.

Maybe one of these would work: McMaster-Carr
They do get pricey with size...

In general you use McMaster-Carr for delivery time and ease of purchase.

Most of the time you can find the same item from a manufacturer for significantly less. But it may be hard to purchase them, at least for an individual.

From someone who LOVES McMaster-Carr. And buys from them regularly. Just know that they don't compete on price, they compete on convenience. Not to mention their Atlanta will-call is on the way home. I can get stuff in a half an hour.