TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Exterior box big enough to hold the UMC?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by ggbjr, Oct 22, 2013.

1. ggbjr

ggbjr Member

For those of you who've done exterior installs of your NEMA 14-50, has anyone found a good outlet box that's large enough to hold the UMC? I know that it's weatherproof, etc., but I'd like to keep it covered if possible.

2. Madartist

Madartist Member

I'm looking for the same product but no luck so far. I think we are unlikely to find it due to the size of the 14-50 adapter.

3. dwegmull

dwegmull 2013 Model S 85

Maybe one of these would work: McMaster-Carr
    They do get pricey with size...

4. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

In general you use McMaster-Carr for delivery time and ease of purchase.

Most of the time you can find the same item from a manufacturer for significantly less. But it may be hard to purchase them, at least for an individual.

From someone who LOVES McMaster-Carr. And buys from them regularly. Just know that they don't compete on price, they compete on convenience. Not to mention their Atlanta will-call is on the way home. I can get stuff in a half an hour.