Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep coming back to the grey. It's difficult to describe without seeing it in person, but it is a complex, subtle color. Has some blue in it. Easy to maintain, keep clean. Also highlights the contours well and is, IMHO, the classiest. Ask me again tomorrow and you'll get a different answer!

Just wanted to relate our experience. We visited the Seattle sales room and did the test drive, etc. We sat down looking at the colors and my wife thought the brown was the most interesting. We grabbed the color board and took it outside. That was when we were convinced it was the right color to do. The sales guy said that he thought most people were against the brown because they hadn't seen it outside in the light.

We've had red, silver, black, white, etc. but never brown, so thought that it would be interesting to try something different..

We had a similar experience. We have a friend who does pre-delivery detailing for our local Tesla sales center. When he heard that we were looking at the MS, he immediately said that in his opinion, brown was the most impressive color (especially in the light). I found that a bit hard to believe but when we saw it next to brown, red, green (which looked shockingly good IMO), and blue (which I also loved) we agreed and decided to do something a little different. I'm still pretty nervous about it, but I suppose it's better to be anxious about the color than the car!

We had a similar experience. We have a friend who does pre-delivery detailing for our local Tesla sales center. When he heard that we were looking at the MS, he immediately said that in his opinion, brown was the most impressive color (especially in the light). I found that a bit hard to believe but when we saw it next to brown, red, green (which looked shockingly good IMO), and blue (which I also loved) we agreed and decided to do something a little different. I'm still pretty nervous about it, but I suppose it's better to be anxious about the color than the car!
I ordered mine without ever seeing any of the colors in person, or the car! I have now seen two brown Model S's at events, and I am surprised how much I liked the brown. I did think about getting the brown for about 10 minutes when configuring, and had I seen it back then I might be driving that color now. For whatever reason the only color that still doesn't do anything for me is the green. Just me, it's a very nice green.

I am sure you'll be very happy with your choice.

Really there is no bad color choice - go with your gut.

I love MC Red and MC Pearl white. Still in the last minute on this decision. MC Red is a in your face color. Pearl white more classy/noble color. ;-) so hard... All other is gone from my list. Did see the gray live and did not like it at all. To strange gray color.