Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior Door Handle sticking open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in Blustery Indiana, I've noticed a problem with my driver side door handle sticking open. I was unable to shut the door from the inside and when I checked the door handle did not close shut into the frame of the door. Has anyone else experienced this problem in cold weather? Any solutions to this problem? Thanks!

Reactions: BobAbooey
Ice seems to build up under the handle by the swivel point. If you can get that point dry it seems to help. I really hope they figure this out and get us some heated handles.
Like if we use the button inside the car to open the door it opens without the handle moving, maybe the app could do the same. Idk if that would help with the frozen door handles or not

Reactions: C141medic
Like if we use the button inside the car to open the door it opens without the handle moving, maybe the app could do the same. Idk if that would help with the frozen door handles or not
Only downside would be people laughing at you when you used this to open your door:
qep-floor-installation-kits-75003q-64_1000.jpg