Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior improvements to white M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. What’s the best alterations you’ve made to the exterior of your Model 3?

I have 2019 white SR+ and have had ceramic coated and calipers red painted. Rimitrex black wheel trims.

What other improvements- thinking decal black door handles etc ? Rear spoiler ? I bought before they were included

I think the black trim is just a personal taste thing and you’re just changing the look from one age of car to another, not different. I also think black handles looks odd unless you change all the chrome. Spoiler just makes you a wannabe M3P owner.

Tinted rear windows might be an option, and I saw a M3 with a low black strip/wrap about 10cm wide at the bottom of the door/cill. It might even have been graduated or had Tesla written in it, pretty sure it wasn’t solid the full length of the car, sorry that’s not too helpful but might give you ideas. I can’t find a picture so I may have seen it in real life but it looked good and gives the paint some protection.

Reactions: Doudeau and init6
Not much. Tinted the rear windows, changed the rear badging and vinyl front plate. Oh and carbon mirror covers.
C00BDBBE-3897-450E-9C71-E6467F20CF77.jpeg

FA0BD5F6-C241-45F0-88E2-8E1E89E579FC.jpeg
1DEAD579-2399-4D7B-8877-50C6C0E491DA.jpeg
F66BFB88-1124-4696-9373-E5D71E84C1E7.jpeg

Reactions: MCM3
Rear tints and new numberplates should be the first port of call so I agree with the posts above. then I'd see how it looks. Avoid the rim protector things, I've heard one too many horror stories of them coming loose and damaging the paintwork.

I think I've seen the side strips mentioned above on alliexpress, not for me but I can see some liking them.

I've made a few changes to mine:
- ceramic coated
- dechromed (for aesthetics - not to make it look younger as that wasn't a thing back then)
- tints
- 4d number plates
- blacked front emblem
- carbon fibered chrome handles and the side repeaters
- rear spoiler
- blacked Tesla lettering and dual motor on the rear
- oh and alloys :)

To do list:
Paint calipers but I want to take them apart to do it "properly". Hopefully when we get some better weather.
IMG_20220226_134214.jpg IMG_20210417_150521.jpgIMG_20220205_223601.jpg

If we hadn't bought a blue one, I'd have had it painted. I have a hard time understanding why people buy white in the first place. My first Tesla was brown.
Because in some people's opinion it's the best colour for the car, (mine included😂).

And because charging a minimum of £1100 for a colour change, (when you are paying for it yourself), is the same as me coming round your house and nicking all your jewellery!

Reactions: M1tch
Because in some people's opinion it's the best colour for the car, (mine included😂).

And because charging a minimum of £1100 for a colour change, (when you are paying for it yourself), is the same as me coming round your house and nicking all your jewellery!
My little boy asked the wife why mummy and daddy both have white cars yesterday. She said because that’s the colour we chose. He said “no it’s not, it’s because white was free on daddy’s!!” …….. he’s 4 years old! 😂😂

I was looking to fit a spoiler on mine, like on the M3P but when I checked an insurance quote via TopCashback (a comparison site), the quotation went up from £450 to £650 so no thanks. Also noted on there that Tinted windows are also a modification that they like to be informed about too. And interiors- what about if you spec’d the white interior, does that have to be disclosed?