Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior improvements to white M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What comes out of the factory isn’t a modification, but as an option you would want it known by the insurer otherwise you might be down £1,000 if your car is written off and they only payout for a black interior.
I’ve never known an insurer require a factory fitted option to be disclosed

Some people spec a Porsche with £20k worth of options on a £80k car. So you’d probably want cover for the £100k?
They might tick the 21” wheel option which makes the car more attractive to steal, putting the vehicle into a higher risk category?
So you declare the value of the Car as £100k, surely? You don’t have to specify the individual options that made it cost that much.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
You can also put on a front lip. I would suggest painting body color or some lips that are black or carbon fiber actually makes the front of the car look higher at night and in the shadows.

Attachments

• 03ED4C44-B3CF-4D3C-8CA8-E963D61A72B5.jpeg
    03ED4C44-B3CF-4D3C-8CA8-E963D61A72B5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 73
My little boy asked the wife why mummy and daddy both have white cars yesterday. She said because that’s the colour we chose. He said “no it’s not, it’s because white was free on daddy’s!!” …….. he’s 4 years old! 😂😂
White was a £2k option in 2019 and early 2020 IIRC. It was the premium option as it’s multi coat. The black was a free colour as it was a solid black, just like today.

My little boy asked the wife why mummy and daddy both have white cars yesterday. She said because that’s the colour we chose. He said “no it’s not, it’s because white was free on daddy’s!!” …….. he’s 4 years old! 😂😂
Hahaha! 😂

My wife’s car is white so when I decided to order my M3, I really thought I’d end up going with another colour (quite liked blue actually!) so as not to have two cars the same colour. Also wondered if having a less-common colour would improve the residuals when I eventually came to sell it.

But then SWMBO decides she quite likes the M3 in white, especially with the contrasting black chrome delete…..

So now we’ll end up with two cars the same colour after all, because I do actually like the white colour, even though they’re so commonplace now, and at least it’s saved me £1100!