Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior Mounting of a Home Charger on a Post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, quick question.

Unfortunately, I don't have a garage or a handy wall where I can mount my Tesla home charger, so it will have to be on a post of some sort. I know the charger is made to withstand weather and all that, but I was thinking that it would still be nice if the charger had a frame or hutch of some sort around it, to offer a bit of protection from the elements, and make it less obvious to thieves*.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else has done something similar, or if there was a place I could go to see pictures of exterior Tesla chargers with some sort of protective cover. If this is something that's been discussed before, my apologies. I'm happy to look through archived threads or the like as well.

Thanks for your help!

*Evidently, at least one person in our area has had their exterior Tesla charger stolen.

Hey everyone, just a quick update. I had my charger installed on an exterior post. One of my neighbors has a wood shop, so I went to him with my idea to put together a protective box for it and showed him the one in the link that @KJD posted. He whipped up some quick plans and this is the result!

Attachments

• 20221015_080854.jpg
    20221015_080854.jpg
    883.9 KB · Views: 304
  • 20221015_080902.jpg
    20221015_080902.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 194