Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior Paint/Glass Protection in Plano/Dallas/Texas Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I upgraded my 5-seater to 7-seater and got my VIN this week for a 60D/MidnightSilver/7-seater/AP/AccessoryHitch (everything else stock) but no delivery estimate yet. Hoping to be able to pickup in the next 4-6 weeks, can't wait! :)

I am in Plano and will be picking up from the Dallas service center. Just curious if there are other model X'ers in the area that got any sort of paint protection and roughly how much it cost? Leaning towards no paint protection due to the high cost overhead I've seen reported on the forum but maybe at least get some sort of protective film for the windsshield. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I'm in the same area of Dallas. Ordered X90D for delivery probably Jan/Feb.
I'm looking around still for Paint Protection Film installers.
What i've read is that both Suntek and XPEL are good, but it's dependent on installer's skill.

We're DEFINITELY not able to afford a full wrap, but want to get at least a front film (especially headlights). At the very least EVERY car nowadays should get the headlights (if you're planning to keep the car for more than a few years). Just headlights is cheap.

We got partial front for 2014 Honda Odyssey with 24" hood. That was a mistake. I'll definitely do full-hood for X.

I stopped by Speed Shield (in Addison). I met with owner/installer and REALLY liked them and they have great reviews. THey quoted $650 for Odyssey a couple years ago. Now the X is quoted for $2350 for full front. It's a bit more than I wanted to pay, so I'll keep shopping around.

Post here if you find a good installer for decent price.

• Informative
Reactions: gastowatts