Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior rear view mirror not tilting correctly when reversing

AustinP

Apr 6, 2015
Belgium
Hi,

I noticed recently that when reversing, the mirror on my side, which was configured to tilt down a bit, will move but incorrectly (to the right).
I tried to correct and save but this repeats.
It's indeed an older lady we drive.

Has anyone else experienced this and maybe fixed this too ? Maybe an easy DIY job? Thanks for the feedback !

AustinP

Apr 6, 2015
Belgium
Did you try adjusting the position while in reverse?

Also for the record, it’s called a side view mirror. :)
Yes, did that indeed, but fails still. The funny thing is that it does not fail each time.

Thanks for correcting me, I could not find the right wording :)

CaliSurfer

Jan 8, 2021
Connecticut, USA
Yes, did that indeed, but fails still. The funny thing is that it does not fail each time.

Thanks for correcting me, I could not find the right wording :)
Is there any other issues you are having with the mirror positions? If not, maybe try making a new profile and see if the problem follows to the new profile. If it doesn't, the profile you normally use may have corrupted.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC