Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Just picked up my S last month and I'm looking to mix up the exterior a little bit. The car is absolutely beautiful but I love working on cars so just trying to add that little extra touch. A couple questions I have...

Does anyone have pictures with only a few chrome pieces blacked out? I've tried to search the forum but I can only find the completely "blacked out" look. I may go down that path but not ready to jump in yet. Does anyone have just the door handles, turn signals and maybe the front end (w/ nose cone)? Basically just leaving the windows and baseboard chrome.

Does anyone have the Jupiter spoiler from RPM Tesla on an Obsidian black MS? I feel like I would like the subtle look of one but I do not want anything to look cheap.

Car is in the shop right now getting 20% ceramic tint if that changes your opinion.

Just looking for peoples opinions and would love any pictures. Thanks in advance-

carbon fiber mirror caps and door handles and satin black chrome delete
IMG_7021.jpg

Check out my signature link which will take you to a thread that covers the many extensive modifications I've made to the exterior and interior of my Model S.
Check out my signature link which will take you to a thread that covers the many extensive modifications I've made to the exterior and interior of my Model S.

I only looked at half of these but I'm going to go back when I have more time to look/read. Awesome stuff and thanks for sharing.

agreed with Kevin,
that spoiler reminds me of the BMW M4

Thank you guys for the feedback. Honestly, just looking at this point and appreciate your opinions. It's so hard to tell in pictures that it appeared subtle to me. Maybe there's a reason I can't find many pictures of it online? ha. Do either of you have the "stock" spoiler? Still curious about the carbon fiber on black. Thanks again

Hi @demotrek ... Congrats on your new toy - it really depends on the look you're trying o accomplish. If you want the classic look, I'd leave it as it. However, there's a local MS that blacked out and it looks intimidating. Personal preference, I'd say black it out and pick a color to complement it such as red, matte black, or silver to do the 'T's. I personally wasn't diggin' the carbon fiber spoiler so I had it wrapped the same color as my chrome delete.

IMG_20190108_135604.jpg

IMG_20190210_161131.jpg

car is a bit dirty, missed my monthly detail due to rains, but..

I have factory spoiler, chrome delete, carbon fiber license plate holder and professionally painted emblems...

1XSQc7e63HV9gHbx9njuPISnYBPLvc6FNI6OwA6Vo8MdZpQDYfhIqePlgju42vIaZ211XkwMOf1wLj0t6ea-HexQIr-pDMgjiiLn_qOAwhp9xHWHeHo4_OfJpeUXwr0yxh3jj-g-0K4X0_jrvLkd7hCxskXVU2yg52suNDhbZZ_Kalox8kzY4ZhlewPaIxj9gqO_XjOZg_sIdMwpcIbhxTeLVbYWg3tFoqXUKvRPNM89Rnis_hIao-ztvOfCfWosEqyYfh1sk1rghqpzebTYr5mo6kffxxrdMb4ixMnavfiK_3qjc8D6UV_p6JcEbcXDqmINXrsLNPMhzx5_RlJo8N0u0wijHra4j7qTn6aW9qO8cpsi1tkxmcWa6Ra6AcSzERwBJOGZkDPL0PmkxRNoSY9ekAAT8CVum_07EtJPO4SaMkWxgH9TUXQh9KcK5Fqz-YvgXIMdLmXuVvNjg2qk-vvmNdwYhr7oGgs9Dj4s59bVe6ieSo1lCiYAmtv_XJspPKfnOvuRLKPe7RS6XdVyfmu_Rude6oS2qr7CJ-1_wQ_ZEk2JdmKYiT8Gi2Hy43TIfplzTLEkbkIhumBH69zX32KNv1JsfbQ7x4E6EZ3fyL3EivdL3QwPnuThastuGq2X7bcxi52qU7iD5g1mraeghM3rtvaYWIo=w1334-h1074-no

20180908_163243.jpg

20180908_163203.jpg

i have also been saved a few times by my full cover xpel... especially from my dog's claws as she loves going for her rides, and will even go as far as jumping though the windows if they are open to get in the car quickly if i dont open the door for her.... talk about dobermans and their agility... :T

Sigh...

Last edited:
Does anyone have the Jupiter spoiler from RPM Tesla on an Obsidian black MS? I feel like I would like the subtle look of one but I do not want anything to look cheap.

Car is in the shop right now getting 20% ceramic tint if that changes your opinion.

Just looking for peoples opinions and would love any pictures. Thanks in advance-

I have the jupiter spoiler but on a red MS. A lot of people find it a little too much, but I love how it looks on my car. I guess it will all depend on the kind of look you are going for. I am obviously going for the more aggressive look.

As for your statement, "I would like the subtle look of one" --- the Jupiter spoiler is definitely not subtle, lol.

I know mine isn’t the obsidian black but here’s some pics anyways.

Attachments

• 66D3A75A-153B-451E-AAF4-D375553F4B41.jpeg
    66D3A75A-153B-451E-AAF4-D375553F4B41.jpeg
    693.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 5D22CCD2-D03D-40C7-AEE1-9DFA670820F2.jpeg
    5D22CCD2-D03D-40C7-AEE1-9DFA670820F2.jpeg
    532.3 KB · Views: 77
  • DA135107-5069-4A37-9BF5-51263DBF1E69.jpeg
    DA135107-5069-4A37-9BF5-51263DBF1E69.jpeg
    716.8 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: demotrek
Hi @demotrek ... Congrats on your new toy - it really depends on the look you're trying o accomplish. If you want the classic look, I'd leave it as it. However, there's a local MS that blacked out and it looks intimidating. Personal preference, I'd say black it out and pick a color to complement it such as red, matte black, or silver to do the 'T's. I personally wasn't diggin' the carbon fiber spoiler so I had it wrapped the same color as my chrome delete.

View attachment 379365
View attachment 379366

Beautiful car man. Very helpful - thank you

car is a bit dirty, missed my monthly detail due to rains, but..

I have factory spoiler, chrome delete, carbon fiber license plate holder and professionally painted emblems...
i have also been saved a few times by my full cover xpel... especially from my dog's claws as she loves going for her rides, and will even go as far as jumping though the windows if they are open to get in the car quickly if i dont open the door for her.... talk about dobermans and their agility... :T

Sigh...

Love your car. I’ll be protecting it soon (just waiting on some clear coat to breathe from a repair covered by Tesla). I have a Boxer/Great Dane and Labrodoodle (both 75+lbs) but I couldn’t let them in the car, lol. My kids even get annoyed as there’s a “no food/treats” policy in dads car. Thanks again

I have the jupiter spoiler but on a red MS. A lot of people find it a little too much, but I love how it looks on my car. I guess it will all depend on the kind of look you are going for. I am obviously going for the more aggressive look.

As for your statement, "I would like the subtle look of one" --- the Jupiter spoiler is definitely not subtle, lol.

I think the red looks amazing (same color RPM Tesla uses to display this spoiler). From your comment and others it sounds like the stock one may be best for me. Thanks-