Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

External Mount Sunpass and 95 Express HOV Exemption

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have purchased one of those suction cup SunPass transponders. I found that if you velcro it to the back of the rear view mirror stalk it works everytime when going through SunPass toll booths. Since its easily accessible to you it is convenient to shield it on those occasions when you are on the 95 Express Lanes.

Larry

Larry,

Would you mind taking a picture of your transponder mounting setup on the mirror stalk? I'm going to try to copy your setup before getting the front license plate transponder setup, but am curious how you actually mounted it on the car.

Larry,

Would you mind taking a picture of your transponder mounting setup on the mirror stalk? I'm going to try to copy your setup before getting the front license plate transponder setup, but am curious how you actually mounted it on the car.
Hi Reynir,

I followed Ron's instructions in an old posting. It includes a photo that Ron took.

Anyone got SunPass working yet? (Florida) posting #25

You simply Velcro the transponder to the back of the rear view mirror stalk.

Larry

That's good news so now I need to remove the bumper mount transponder I installed a few months back :cursing:
I have a sunpass account and I'm register with them. They have all my info and guess what every time they could not read the sunpass I was charged the full rate, when I called the customer service they told me since the sunpass could not read when you got in they charged you the full rate, and they even asked if I am making a U turn in the turnpike. Just in case check your bill, because it happened to me for a long time before I realized. thank you

• Informative
Reactions: Galve2000