TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Extra Connector - above microphone cover

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Jason, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Jason

Jason Member

Anyone have any guesses for what this black connector is for, it is not hooked up, is a 4 port but only 3 wires (black, green/red,red).
    This is right at windshield in middle. The other 2 connectors, right and left, are for the lights that are beside them.

tesla-conn.JPG

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

4. swegman

swegman Active Member

Tesla told me several times (before the car was released) that they are working on a collision avoidance system for the car. Could that connector possibly be for a camera or other such device that would be mounted at the rearview mirror height?

5. Nickjhowe

Nickjhowe Member

Noticed this a couple of weeks ago when I was doing my dash cam install. [Blackvue DR400] I have a question in to a friendly service tech to try and find out.

6. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

I purchased a BlackVue DR500GW-HD Wi-Fi Dashcam from BlackVue - LUXURY BLACK ($279 free shipping). My installation experience is in the link above.