Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extra Delivery Checks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I tend to do I've been obsessively gathering info in advance of my Delivery Day. I've found the online 'checklist' and while it's good I've found at least two specific things to check for that are 'new to me':

1) Check the sideview mirrors to be sure they're properly seated (if not there is a 'whistle' at 40mph
2) Place electrical tape on the rear facing cameras to confirm that there is no 'light leakage' from the signals/hazards

Any other things to check for?

I'm seeing reports of warped keycards, anyone experience this at pickup?

I have had the same two keycards since I purchased my car in dec of 2018 and they still look exactly the same. One is in my wifes wallet, one is in mine. Its basically like a credit card, so I would worry about a warped keycard about as much as one worries about a warped credit card.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
The thread is evidence that the 'simple keys' that 'shouldn't be warped' have been reported as warped several times recently on delivery of the new vehicle, and something to check that is not on any checklist I've seen.

A thread on reddit doesnt indicate some sort of systemic problem, and thats sort of like having "check to make sure you get keys" on a checklist for an ICE vehicle. They are going to give you the keys, you need to use one to set up a phone as a key, so its impossible to miss what the keys look like.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
not tuning into an argument boss -- just trying to understand how this is an issue.

when you are handed the keys you will see right away if they are warped. this will be my second tesla and i saw the keys immediately when i picked up the car. even if the keys were warped -- what does that even look like -- you can swap them on the spot. even if you get all the way home and realize when you get home at night when the shop is closed you can still use your app to open and drive the car and use it normally if both keys are damaged. all good playa playa.. 🙏