Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extra part after replacing Bio Defense Mode Filter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier this morning I set out to replace the Bio Defense Mode filter on my early 2017 Tesla Model S P100D.

When I picked up the Frunk casing to reinstall it I noticed this part on the floor. No idea where it came from. Anyone have any ideas as to what it is and where it goes?

You can tell in the photo with my fingers that it has a ridge where it appears to clip onto something.

Thanks in advance!
IMG_2081.jpg
IMG_2082.jpg
IMG_2083.jpg

Earlier this morning I set out to replace the Bio Defense Mode filter on my early 2017 Tesla Model S P100D.

When I picked up the Frunk casing to reinstall it I noticed this part on the floor. No idea where it came from. Anyone have any ideas as to what it is and where it goes?

You can tell in the photo with my fingers that it has a ridge where it appears to clip onto something.

Thanks in advance!
View attachment 621827 View attachment 621828 View attachment 621829

They are to hold your covers under the frunk on it's place. Because poor design they will fall off so better feel if the other ones are loose (or missing) as well. You have 6 in total (see pic).

20201229_191817.jpg

I found one of these a few years ago and couldn't figure out where it went. Now I know why as the other 5 were already gone so I had nothing to match it up with.

The part number is 1012944-00-D.
Thanks for posting this! Three of mine were missing when I recently removed my frunk liners and searched everywhere for that part number. I eventually gave up and designed and 3D printed my own :p

If anyone has access to a 3D printer and needs these clips, here is the link for the file:

Reactions: sorka