Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

extra touchscreens for model x legacy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive seen online these cool accessory touch screens for model 3/y. such as dashboards and even climate controls for the rear seats sinilar to the screens for the new refresh x/s.

any similar add on screens that I can get for the model x legacy? carplay etc? havent seen anything online.

Rob

I was thinking, given Model 3 2017-19 have same 20 pin connector as legacy S/X, what if we get one of these rear console screens coming out for 3/Y, take them apart to take the screen out and then 3D print our own frame for the screen to fit in legacy S/X rear console area, will the software detect and work properly?

I would love a decent rear screen option as well, but it makes sense why there are 3rd party options for the 3/Y even though the X has been around longer. More than 10x the number of 3/Ys have been produced compared to the X. There is much higher profit potential to make accessories for the 3/Y, so even if we see a 3rd party option it will probably be 2x the price.

Reactions: Rkoroma