Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extremely disappointed with the product and my experience with my P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
from my response on TM
No Pano for me as I expected issues with it and seldom use it.
Ranger service because I value my time, expected issues from a new company and figured it was best if they came to me to fix them.
Handling/swaying under acceleration well documented in the forums with one of a few possible sources. This will require the owners active participation to drive a solution.
I'm on MS #2 and my wife's makes 3. They will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers even with the trials and tribs. of a startup. If you can consider going back to European ICE after a MS then I strongly suggest MS is not for you. Having owned many a BMW over the years, I can say your experience reminds me of them but, if you feel more comfortable with another brand, I would go that way.

You live in Jacksonville, yet you say in your profile, Miami?

Tesla read these forums. Do you really think when they read your excessive OP rant, it'll help your "cause / case" with them? No offense to TMC but TMC is NOT the media so when you THREATEN Tesla indirectly with media, that hardly helps either. Yet media do scour these forums, so not helping either.

We've ALL had minor issues with our cars; it's to be expected but I have to think back to what mine were. I'm glad to help them fix them!

You then add you're still a Tesla fan, yet you cancel your Model X and threaten media? Contradiction? Inconsistencies? Also makes some wonder if this isn't a troll post, myself included? Just sayin'.

Lola I will not change my car to Germans no way. But I can not recommend the car to everybody because not everybody would be willing to go through all of this. I do care and love my car and will keep it and enjoy. But on the same page I will wait long time to buy the Model X for my wife because I don't want her to go through this (actually it would be me going through this lol). Even with ranger service they had to take my car to SC 4 hours away because in Jacksonville we do not have SC. I do not care if the handling/swaying issues are documented because this should not be happening. But again that's just my opinion. Take care and keep the good work with the suspension mods
from my response on TM
No Pano for me as I expected issues with it and seldom use it.
Ranger service because I value my time, expected issues from a new company and figured it was best if they came to me to fix them.
Handling/swaying under acceleration well documented in the forums with one of a few possible sources. This will require the owners active participation to drive a solution.
I'm on MS #2 and my wife's makes 3. They will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers even with the trials and tribs. of a startup. If you can consider going back to European ICE after a MS then I strongly suggest MS is not for you. Having owned many a BMW over the years, I can say your experience reminds me of them but, if you feel more comfortable with another brand, I would go that way.

- - - Updated - - -

For your info I already talked to Mr. Guillen who actually thanked me for my email and stated this is unacceptable and should not be happening. I am from Miami, owned properties and go there every month that's why my profile said Miami. I have been in this and the other forum for a while and you can check my posts. A fan does not not mean blind and without a voice when things are not right, JUST SAYIN
You live in Jacksonville, yet you say in your profile, Miami?

Tesla read these forums. Do you really think when they read your excessive OP rant, it'll help your "cause / case" with them? No offense to TMC butMC is NOT the media so when you THREATEN Tesla indirectly with media, that hardly helps either. Yet media do scour these forums, so not helping either.

We've ALL had minor issues with our cars; it's to be expected but I have to think back to what mine were. I'm glad to help them fix them!

You then add you're still a Tesla fan, yet you cancel your Model X and threaten media? Contradiction? Inconsistencies? Also makes some wonder if this isn't a troll post, myself included? Just sayin'.

I have the wind noise issue too when going over 65mph. Is there a fix for this?

My car was in for the annual service and, while I was there picking up my car, I was speaking with a tech that said they were applying the pano roof wind noise "fix" for the first time to a car that was in for service while my car was there. It was the first one they have done with the new "fix" for the wind noise issue.

This was the Rockville, MD SC so if you get any pushback from your local SC you could give a call up to the Rockville SC and inquire about what the fix is specifically and the process to implement.

Thanks I will keep this in mind
My car was in for the annual service and, while I was there picking up my car, I was speaking with a tech that said they were applying the pano roof wind noise "fix" for the first time to a car that was in for service while my car was there. It was the first one they have done with the new "fix" for the wind noise issue.

This was the Rockville, MD SC so if you get any pushback from your local SC you could give a call up to the Rockville SC and inquire about what the fix is specifically and the process to implement.

A fan does not not mean blind and without a voice when things are not right, JUST SAYIN

+1 - though like I said, I think your first post in the thread just came off a little harshly.

When my car was in a few weeks back, I swung by to get something from my car and saw them working on the roof of another car. They were drilling/sawing to install something. The tech mentioned that while my car was in, they had done it to mine too. I had the squeaking noise fixed previously, but never wind noise, so I guess it's a proactive thing for all cars.

Boy, you guys are harsh. The OP has some serious issues and, to my mind, has been incredibly patient to live with many of them for 5 months. As much as I love Tesla in general and my P85 specifically, I'd be looking into state lemon laws at this point. I don't really think there's any excuse for Tesla to still have these sorts of issues, new company or not. They've had well over a year of production to iron out quality problems and Elon has stated quality is a HUGE deal to him, so there's no free pass on continuing issues at this point.

Edit: full disclosure - I've had a BUNCH of issues. Pano a couple times, lots of rattles, 12v died, charge port door didn't open, door handle stopped working, bad wheel howl, the engine noise > 65 mph, some part came loose in a door and was rolling around inside, and probably a couple things I've forgotten.

When someone asks "How's the quality been?", I have to wince because it's not been good. Portland service has been fantastic for me, a shout out to Jason who heads up the SC here, but quality has quite a ways to go to catch up to the companies Tesla is competing with (Lexus/Audi/BMW).

Last edited:
Agree with you. It is actually quite interesting how people react to bad reviews or bad things happening. Thank you for your input.
Boy, you guys are harsh. The OP has some serious issues and, to my mind, has been incredibly patient to live with many of them for 5 months. As much as I love Tesla in general and my P85 specifically, I'd be looking into state lemon laws at this point. I don't really think there's any excuse for Tesla to still have these sorts of issues, new company or not. They've had well over a year of production to iron out quality problems and Elon has stated quality is a HUGE deal to him, so there's no free pass on continuing issues at this point.

I think most reacted to your initial posts final part the worst. The generic outrage, canceling of X and going to media, which did sound a bit over the top considering that from the initial post it seemed you had just had bad exp with one service center (people working at SC are still people, good and bad) without escalating this up the foodchain. If the escalations reached higher up or stopped and got discarded and the result was still crap, then I'd understand your attitude maybe, but not when you were just pissed with one SC and extended that to the whole company. Peace man and that's why I recommended the chill pill and thinking a bit before taking dramatic action :)

I have the wind noise issue too when going over 65mph. Is there a fix for this?

Yes, mine had this issues, too. Actually the rubber seal was jammed. The Tesla Service replaced it with a newer version once they had the spare parts. I was also told that it is some significant work required to replace it. Now it works perfectly so far ... even going 130mph on the German Autobahn ...