Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extremely long wait for Model S Extended Warranty refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I requested a refund of my ESA on 15 September and still have not received it. I have contacted Tesla customer service multiple times and each time I was told they would check and get back to me. Still no status. The local service manager contacted me and checked. She said that a check for $1913.08 was processed and would be mailed within 2 weeks. This was Nov 29. Still no check.

Yeah. They are really slow on this.

We sold an S a year ago on Sunday; and while we transferred the ESA to the new owner, we asked for a partial refund of the maintenance plan. I bugged a couple of people for two months until they finally said they'd submitted the paperwork.

Three months ago I turned in another leased S, and asked for a partial refund of the maintenance plan on that too - and noted that I hadn't received the first refund yet. The local service manager said the paperwork had changed, and submitted it for both cars. You guessed it...still no check for either one.

I figure it will be hard to get anybody's attention for the next 11 days, and then the first week of January they will probably all be on vacation. I just made a calendar entry to bug them on the 2nd week of January.

I've been waiting a year and a half. $14000.00 owed . I've written the local sales center, service Dept, the general managers. The last letter stated if no response I will be filing in small claims court.
As I will post experiences with my Tesla my story to media and be posting all my social media accounts .

When I purchased the extended warranty, I was buying the four year extended, but all four of the service staff said, I could but two years and then but two years at the end of the first two years. As I was going to buy a newer car in the near future I went with the 2 then 2:2 option.

Now I've 10000 km left on my warranty, so I called to buy the additional two years, and the same person who sold me two:two year extended now says no! No two year extended for you!

I have not moved into a newer car as I have been owed the large refund amount for so long. I actually canceled my model 3 reso and pulled out of a newer car deal.