TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Eye strain and headaches while driving

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AmericanPharoh, Jun 22, 2016.

1. AmericanPharoh

Does anyone else have issues with eye strain and headaches while driving? For work I have Flux installed on all my computers and I max out the blue filter so that my screen is very yellow, but my eyes don't hurt. I'm hoping if enough people have the same problem as I do we can petition Tesla to give us the option to do this. My screen is already set at 0% brightness.

If I'm driving for more than 10 minutes, my eyes start hurting, watering, and my head starts hurting :(. I've resorted to putting my jacket over the center 17" screen, and I plan to fashion a cardboard cutout to tape over it.

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

A few weeks ago someone posted about a similar problem and had a solution. Maybe search the "Interior" sub forum.

3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I leave my screens in night mode all the time and that works very well for me. Usually at 50%. I find day to be way too distracting, except when on a long highways drive in bright sun with sunglasses on.

4. Phoenixhawk101

Does putting the screen into cleaning mode help at all?

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Have never had that happen in 70+K miles.

6. RunDeep

RunDeep New Member