Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EZ-Pass Black Twinkie On Bottom Grill?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't encounter gates in my travel so if it doesn't work I just keep on going. They snap photo of license plate, connect it to my account and bill that way automatically.

I would suspect the Twinkie on the front like that will work more reliably that in window.

To get the Twinkie, i just called and they sent me one.

I'm not sure you can have both it and the square one active. But you could ask.

I do like Twinkie better than having square in window. But only after I moved Twinkie to bottom of license plate. On top didn't look so great..

My EZ pass mounted on the lower mesh works about 80% of the time in MA, does not work at all at the MTA Queens/Tri-Boro tolls. And I just got a bunch of e-tolls in the mail for Delaware/Maryland. Even though my license is registered, they still sent a bill, (no doubt hoping I miss it and they get me for a bunch of fees) Seemed to work in Virginia just fine, most of the time or they hit my license plate.

IMG_0118.JPG
Just got an ezpass mounted on license plate. Functionally it is great, but looks wise, kind of like a wart on a nose.

Anyway, anyone have luck tying the ezpass front mounted one to the grill under the nose?

That would look better, well hidden, but does it work?
I did not like the license plate mounting so installed it low on the grille.

• Helpful
Reactions: Driver Dave
I have that black Twinkie on one of my cars, however here in Illinois - we don't have to have anything other than having our licence plates registered on our account on the website. The other 3 cars in my household contains no IPASS or EZPass at all. Just their plates registered on IPass's website.

They bill me just fine. They must be using cameras.

Or do you have the regular one as backup in your car?
Don't carry both, unless the internal transponder is kept in the grey anti-static bag it came in (or wrapped in foil) - you risk getting double charged if both read. Tucking it under the seat or in the glovebox may or may not work.

I got caught towing a car with the transponder on the windshield while I had one in the truck. Double billed (vs truck + trailer).