Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If only I had received the mini tag, What I actually got was the huge tag meant to be attached to the front license plate holder, but it didn't really fit, so I've attached it instead to the passenger side sun visor with rubber bands. Ugly, but works.
Gross. Assuming that's what I receive also, I'm going to call them and try to fenagle a mini one and then @haroldo owes me 1,000 EV miles

• Funny
Reactions: haroldo
On Friday the giant external license plate tag showed up so I gave EZPass NY a call to see if they could switch the NYGREEN and PAGREEN plans that were added to my account over to one of my other 2 internal mini tags. The rep was able to do so in under a minute and now I'm all set with using a mini tag with the green discount plans. I would suggest this method for anyone who has received and doesn't want to use the license plate tag.

I grabbed https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZDJJPWH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to 'blackout' my tag and mounted it next to the rearview mirror cameras, looks great in person and very discreet.

@haroldo How will you be transferring me those 1,000 EV miles? 😄

Attachments

• IMG-9434.jpg
    IMG-9434.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG-9427.jpg
    IMG-9427.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 108
Just called them, you're right! They're sending a new tag, she was surprised the other agent didn't give the correct information.
Also, got the answer to my question....the EV Discount is only for the state that issued the tag, so, since I live in NJ, but have a NY tag, I will only save on NY's (and Hudson river) tolls

Reactions: suprax
Just called them, you're right! They're sending a new tag, she was surprised the other agent didn't give the correct information.
Also, got the answer to my question....the EV Discount is only for the state that issued the tag, so, since I live in NJ, but have a NY tag, I will only save on NY's (and Hudson river) tolls
Nice! Glad it worked out! Yeah I bet like most of these large companies now, agents have varying info all over the place depending on how long they've worked there, how they've handled issues in the past, etc. Instead of all relying on a central knowledge repository or something. Enjoy your EZpass discount!

Reactions: haroldo
I had it but gave it up. I wrote the letter to NJ and they just changed one of my existing tags. But when I really examined the discount, they sucked. No weekends and the weekday times didn't do anything for me.

So I changed back so I could use the tag in an ICE if needed. Which I did driving the Outback to Denver to give to my daughter. FIgure I saved more doing that than I would ever save with the green ez-pass.

Okay guys maybe you can help me out as the agencies that issue these things have no idea.

For those of you who have both GREEN and PAGRN plans, who issued your tag? Is it the thruway? And what discount do you get on the Hudson River crossings? 10% or 8.25 instead of 11.75?

Okay guys maybe you can help me out as the agencies that issue these things have no idea.

For those of you who have both GREEN and PAGRN plans, who issued your tag? Is it the thruway? And what discount do you get on the Hudson River crossings? 10% or 8.25 instead of 11.75?
Mine was issued by the NY Thruway Authority. They automatically applied both plans. Just note that they will send you the external tag unless you request the regular interior tag. They used to issue a special green tag but I guess not anymore.

Reactions: 101dals
Just checked my EZNY account, some Hudson River crossings were charged the Green Pass discounted rate, other times I was charged the full rate (I only cross the river on weekends). I emailed them still waiting for a reply.
If you have the Green Pass tag on your account, are you always getting the discounted rates?

• Informative
Reactions: 101dals
Just checked my EZNY account, some Hudson River crossings were charged the Green Pass discounted rate, other times I was charged the full rate (I only cross the river on weekends). I emailed them still waiting for a reply.
If you have the Green Pass tag on your account, are you always getting the discounted rates?
Which crossings and at what times? I believe you only get the discount on PANYNJ bridges and tunnels (i.e. GW, Lincoln, Holland, etc.) during off peak hours and the 10% is at anytime on Thruway bridges (i.e. Cuomo bridge). The discount is hardly worth all the trouble for people who don't make that commute regularly.

Reactions: lensovet
Usually Lincoln and GW, and only Sat/Sun (are there any peak weekend times???)
This part is for the PA green pass holders only:

"Port Authority Green Discount Plan (PA GREEN)

The Port Authority Green Discount Plan (PA GREEN) is available to eligible Class 1 vehicles with E-ZPass accounts at E-ZPass New York. Enrollment is required. The Port Authority Green Pass Discount Plan toll rate is $13.75 per peak trip and $8.25 per off-peak trip (plus $10.50 for each additional axle beyond two axles) for eligible vehicles."

And the below applies to ALL EZ pass holders:

"All E-ZPass transactions for account holders at the E-ZPass New York and New Jersey Customer Service Centers are discounted from the cash toll rate at Port Authority crossings, but motorists save the most by traveling in off-peak hours. The discounted E-ZPass Off-Peak toll for Class 1 vehicles (two axles and single rear wheels) is $11.75. Peak hours at Port Authority crossings are weekdays from 6 – 10 a.m. and 4 – 8 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Trucks can save even more by traveling during weekday overnight periods, from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. the following morning, excluding Friday and Saturday evenings. See toll chart for a full listing of toll rates for the details."

And the below applies to ALL EZ pass holders:

"All E-ZPass transactions for account holders at the E-ZPass New York and New Jersey Customer Service Centers are discounted from the cash toll rate at Port Authority crossings, but motorists save the most by traveling in off-peak hours. The discounted E-ZPass Off-Peak toll for Class 1 vehicles (two axles and single rear wheels) is $11.75. Peak hours at Port Authority crossings are weekdays from 6 – 10 a.m. and 4 – 8 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Trucks can save even more by traveling during weekday overnight periods, from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. the following morning, excluding Friday and Saturday evenings. See toll chart for a full listing of toll rates for the details."
thanks! would have thunk weekends were off peak, ...ya learn somethin' new every day!

thanks! would have thunk weekends were off peak, ...ya learn somethin' new every day!
My bad! From the North DC suburbs you can catch a Saturday matinee and get home before midnight, so probably it's all my fault. Almost always Lincoln Tunnel, unless we're going to the Public. (And now I've done it in my MY twice. First time I was able to L2 charge while parked in NYC, second time not. Both work.)