Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they want a deposit these days for another transponder.

I'd be better off with the senior discount. IRRC the same rules & discounts but it's tied to the person and not the car. All but one kid is relatively local and the Denver one probably would probably drive the camry which also has the standard plan transponder.

I sent them a message through the website (My Account > Service Request and selecting 'DISCOUNT PLANS' as the reason, attached a copy of the registration and they added the discount plan - no need to write a letter.

They don't send you a new tag, they apply the discount to the tag that you specify.

Yes to everything except they did send me a new external tag which I mounted to the bottomed of my front license plate.

I think they want a deposit these days for another transponder.

I'd be better off with the senior discount. IRRC the same rules & discounts but it's tied to the person and not the car. All but one kid is relatively local and the Denver one probably would probably drive the camry which also has the standard plan transponder.
Absolutely not, if you have autopay set up with a credit/debit card. Deposit is only required if you manually add cash to your account.

I'm having an issue wherein they're saying I can't get the PAGRN discount plan because my NY EZ Pass tag was issued by the MTA (as opposed to Port Authority). Has anyone else had this issue? How do you go about getting a tag issued by a specific agency? When you apply for a new account or new tag on the NY EZ Pass website, there is no option or indication of which agency is issuing the device...

I'm having an issue wherein they're saying I can't get the PAGRN discount plan because my NY EZ Pass tag was issued by the MTA (as opposed to Port Authority). Has anyone else had this issue? How do you go about getting a tag issued by a specific agency? When you apply for a new account or new tag on the NY EZ Pass website, there is no option or indication of which agency is issuing the device...

I had this issue also, needed to follow a specific link for the mta and close my other account.

So I got lucky I think and got my green plan added to a NY state thruway interior tag.

First I requested a green plan, then they sent me an external tag. Then, I wrote to them saying I couldn’t use an exterior tag. They said mail it back if you can’t use it. So I did. Then I sent a message saying I sent it back and would like an interior tag with the green plans. They said they couldn’t do it due to policy of exterior only for tesla blah blah blah, I never replied. And then a few days later a package showed up in the mail. Interior tag with green plan on it. I didn’t look a gift horse in the mouth and mounted it. I do get the green discounts on the infrequent occasion it’s at a time and location where it applies.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
So I got lucky I think and got my green plan added to a NY state thruway interior tag.

First I requested a green plan, then they sent me an external tag. Then, I wrote to them saying I couldn’t use an exterior tag. They said mail it back if you can’t use it. So I did. Then I sent a message saying I sent it back and would like an interior tag with the green plans. They said they couldn’t do it due to policy of exterior only for tesla blah blah blah, I never replied. And then a few days later a package showed up in the mail. Interior tag with green plan on it. I didn’t look a gift horse in the mouth and mounted it. I do get the green discounts on the infrequent occasion it’s at a time and location where it applies.
Wow, New York is in the running for "more disorganized than Prince George's County, MD"!

Yes you cannot get the green plan on MTA tags. You can't choose which agency issues your tag when applying online either. See my post here: GREEN EZ Pass
Thanks; this is helpful!

Any idea where one can reliably get a Port Authority-issued tag? That one should also be eligible for the PAGRN discount plan and I'm hoping there is somewhere more convenient to Manhattan to grab one vs having to go to Yonkers or a Thruway rest stop.

Thanks; this is helpful!

Any idea where one can reliably get a Port Authority-issued tag? That one should also be eligible for the PAGRN discount plan and I'm hoping there is somewhere more convenient to Manhattan to grab one vs having to go to Yonkers or a Thruway rest stop.
I don't know why you'd want a PA tag; they carry monthly maintenance fees. I'd say just make a trip to Yonkers, take MNR.

If you still want a PA tag, you can find the potential list of locations here: https://www.e-zpassny.com/en/onthego/locations.shtml and then go into the store and ask them for a tag. The tag will come in a bag and the bag will have the tag number on it. Then you can compare with the chart in the other post and see whether it's a PA one.

I don't know why you'd want a PA tag; they carry monthly maintenance fees. I'd say just make a trip to Yonkers, take MNR.

If you still want a PA tag, you can find the potential list of locations here: https://www.e-zpassny.com/en/onthego/locations.shtml and then go into the store and ask them for a tag. The tag will come in a bag and the bag will have the tag number on it. Then you can compare with the chart in the other post and see whether it's a PA one.
Got it, thanks!

I sent them a message through the website (My Account > Service Request and selecting 'DISCOUNT PLANS' as the reason, attached a copy of the registration and they added the discount plan - no need to write a letter.

They don't send you a new tag, they apply the discount to the tag that you specify.
I did same thing today and waiting for the response.