Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EZ Pass location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a particular location on the windshield to place the EZ Pass? Or is anywhere okay?

On some other cars, I know that the windshield would be specially treated to prevent certain wavelengths from getting through, which would block EZ Pass from working.

Page 182 in the owners manual:

upload_2020-6-11_9-47-10.png

Are we talking an RFID sticker or some type of bulky transponder? My "sticker" is mounted (in my 3, still awaiting my Y :( to arrive) at the front center of my glass roof.
Yeah, that's an unknown as to where to place the RFID tag. On my 3 I have the three-position-switch transponder by the rearview mirror, plus the RFID tag in the lower right windshield. I took my other transponder from the MS we sold, and since I couldn't take the sticker, plan to just associate the transponder with the car and call it a day. Those for sure work in the spot as documented in the user manual.

Mine has a switch too. With the back painted black, and mounted right next to my camera, I barely notice it from the outside. I cannot even see it from the driver's seat.
20210901_204009.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zpaul