TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EZ Pass location

Discussion in 'Model X' started by pchan, Jun 20, 2016.

1. pchan

pchan Member

According to the Tesla menu, the transponder can be placed above the head at the edge of the huge windshield. It works for me only half the time ... Not sure if it is just my transponder battery or not. Where do most people put it? Or just hold it in your hand, or using exterior one??

2. TJunkers

TJunkers Member

On a recent trip I held it right behind the mirror and it worked every time. I would love to have it above my head though so I dont have to see it.

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

I positioned mine behind the mirror on the passenger side where I can't see it. It works every time.

• Like x 1
  4. skarletknite

skarletknite Member

same here

5. aija SigX 649

aija SigX 649 Winged Lion

Same here. So far so good, but really dislike how it looks from outside though ..considering trying it overhead instead, but waiting on consensus that it works well there.

6. mzpolo

mzpolo Member

Add another X owner to this successful spot

7. pchan

pchan Member

According to the manual, it should work ... see below on Pg 163 of Owner's Manual. I posted the question because for some reason, it only works for me 50% of the time. I am just not sure if others are experiencing the same or if it is just my transporter battery.

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 8.22.40 PM.png

8. Redmiata98

Redmiata98 Member

So placing it midpoint in front of the cross piece before the falcons should work, assuming anywhere in the blue area should work? Just got my VA pass and was looking for a place to mount it. The S guys say it works on the bottom of the parcel shelf but I think the X cover behind the third row might be to low.