Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EZ Pass placement for bumper refresh (no front plate)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a bit of a redundant question: I have an April 2015-build P85D and am thinking of getting one of the aftermarket bumper refresh fascias from Unplugged Performance or TSportline. It's been a while, but I recall there being an issue with EZ Pass placement on the windshield for Model Ss built around the time mine was, as far as not being able to transmit, thus it was recommended then to use the front license plate transponder. However, I would consider not installing a front plate bracket on the new bumper, so my question: does anyone know of any tricks for getting the EZ Pass to work without using the front plate transponder (ie windshield placement), for that build range?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks guys, please do post pics. I found this thread which was very helpful: EZ Pass Mounting- Problem Solved

Looks like for the same build range (early 2015), mounting the transponder under the parcel shelf (or perhaps rear windshield), or upside down horizontally oriented to the right of the front camera housing works. Will see!
If you are using the tolltag sticker (not the black solid transponder) checkout this black patch made by one if tesla owner
Toll Tag vinyl overlay for exterior mounting

Thanks guys, please do post pics. I found this thread which was very helpful: EZ Pass Mounting- Problem Solved

Looks like for the same build range (early 2015), mounting the transponder under the parcel shelf (or perhaps rear windshield), or upside down horizontally oriented to the right of the front camera housing works. Will see!
Here is the pic

Attachments

• IMG_1930.JPG
    IMG_1930.JPG
    342 KB · Views: 341