Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EZ-Pass Problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This location works on the loaner I'm in and my own vehicle
We had trouble with the "tiny" (looks like half an EZ pass) mounted to the right of the forward-facing camera module, vertically. (I thought it was the most "out of the way" there, but it only worked <50% of the time. Since then, we reoriented it just like this one - an inch or so below the forward-facing camera module, horizontally the way the arrows on the EZ pass indicate it should go. So far so good with 100% success after going through about 4 toll booths. (Should be noted that this is on a 2017 Model S where we were told during delivery that "anywhere on the windshield" should be fine.)

Reactions: DarrenK
Anyone had any luck placing a flex transponder on the windshield? I have a bumper transponder but have to switch back to the flex in order to take advantage of the new I66 express lanes toll-free in VA. Had issues placing the flex transponder to the right of the rear review mirror in the black spot while driving from VA to NYC, but if someone has a recommendation on the orientation of the transponder, please let me know!

When I picked up the DS told me the best place to put it was right behind the mirror and below the AP cameras. I have my EZPass - one large tag (MS), one compact tag (MX) both in that exact spot. Over 30k miles and not a single reading failure travelling through MD, NJ, NY, PA, DE

Anyone had any luck placing a flex transponder on the windshield? I have a bumper transponder but have to switch back to the flex in order to take advantage of the new I66 express lanes toll-free in VA. Had issues placing the flex transponder to the right of the rear review mirror in the black spot while driving from VA to NYC, but if someone has a recommendation on the orientation of the transponder, please let me know!
I have my EZ Pass Flex just to the right of my rear view half in the black and half out - I have not had a problem in 3 years of usage.