Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow, it looks just like the GM Hummer truck from the front, shocking. LOL

Regardless whether the truck is good or not (I hope it is) that was a really cool commercial, seeing all those generations of F150s lined up like that. I'm a big Ford truck fan, having owned 4 in my life including my current 07 Ranger XLT.
I saw that the first run of production of the EV hummers are sold out

And how many exactly is that?
can't you do a basic google search?

some sites say the number isn't being reported others put it at 10k units

• Informative
Reactions: alexgr
Alright Ford…you disappointed me, a long time Mustang enthusiast, with what ended up becoming the Mach E. Enough so, I bought a different brand (Tesla) after 20+ years of buying Fords. Don’t screw up the Lightning! It better be fast and it better handle. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll drop my Cybertruck reservation for one.

Yea, my hopes are not high. 😂 I highly doubt they’re going to recreate the Lighting; 2-door, short wheelbase, shortbed, lowered, high performance truck. Market for that is just too small. It’s going to be a typical, practical, utilitarian, EV F150 at best. 😴

• Love
Reactions: T3SLAROD and alexgr
Alright Ford…you disappointed me, a long time Mustang enthusiast, with what ended up becoming the Mach E. Enough so, I bought a different brand (Tesla) after 20+ years of buying Fords. Don’t screw up the Lightning! It better be fast and it better handle. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll drop my Cybertruck reservation for one.

Yea, my hopes are not high. 😂 I highly doubt they’re going to recreate the Lighting; 2-door, short wheelbase, shortbed, lowered, high performance truck. Market for that is just too small. It’s going to be a typical, practical, utilitarian, EV F150 at best. 😴

It will be just an F-150 with a battery strapped underneath the floor, about 250 mile range, and the price of $70k+.
That's my guess ... we'll see soon.

I think even more problematic is the build quality and engineering quality by Ford.

can't you do a basic google search?

some sites say the number isn't being reported others put it at 10k units

GM is taking reservations for all the trims which total over 10k.

The top $112k Edition 1 trim doesn't have 10k+ reservations.

My guess is the Ford 150 Lightning starts at $50k and tops out at $99k.

Like Tesla, deliveries of the top trims come first.

Reactions: outdoors
Between GM and Ford, I'll bet on GM providing better EV support than Ford is right now. Ford is running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure out the software issues with the Mach-e. Now they're already pumping out another EV?

Between GM and Ford, I'll bet on GM providing better EV support than Ford is right now. Ford is running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure out the software issues with the Mach-e. Now they're already pumping out another EV?
Yeah right support from GM is putting out Bolt EV fires (issues). Sounds like great support to me.

From first hand knowledge there will not be 10k 100k Hummers in the first year. They haven't even made the mouldings or the high end rims yet.

Same here, cant wait until Weds. The interior of the new F-150 is outstanding and the drive is even better. Making it electric will take it over the top. Since it's using the lighting name I also expect it to have Magneride or some type of handling suspension.

I think even more problematic is the build quality and engineering quality by Ford.

I don't know, the build quality and engineering of the Mach-E seems pretty great to me, I've driven two of them already. It does have software issues and that charging curve is terribad, but mechanically Ford did a surprisingly great job with it. The Lightning might surprise as well.

If we're talking about poor engineering and junk design, I bet the paint doesn't just fall off the Ford like it does my Tesla! 😅

~2,000 miles living down the same road my Ford Mustang lived on for 70,000 miles and never had this. Just saying!
1621434959953.png

1621434976753.png

Note, I do live on a dirt road and have for the last 7 years. I've had a '13 Audi S4, '97 Ram, '10 Ram, '13 Mustang, '95 Jeep Cherokee, and '19 VW Jetta. Not a single one did this.

If we're talking about poor engineering and junk design, I bet the paint doesn't just fall off the Ford like it does my Tesla! 😅

~2,000 miles living down the same road my Ford Mustang lived on for 70,000 miles and never had this. Just saying!
View attachment 663780
View attachment 663783

Note, I do live on a dirt road and have for the last 7 years. I've had a '13 Audi S4, '97 Ram, '10 Ram, '13 Mustang, '95 Jeep Cherokee, and '19 VW Jetta. Not a single one did this.
Yeah, tell that to the people on the Mach-e forum that are already complaining about chipped paint. As for poor engineering, have a look at the mustang gt forums. Broken shift forks, cylinder scoring, oil leaks, garbage evaporator cores and these are all on the newer models. And how many blown head gaskets had to happen on the Focus before Ford did something? If you want to boast about great engineering, you don't bring up Ford in the conversation.

Reactions: buckets0fun
Yeah, tell that to the people on the Mach-e forum that are already complaining about chipped paint. As for poor engineering, have a look at the mustang gt forums. Broken shift forks, cylinder scoring, oil leaks, garbage evaporator cores and these are all on the newer models. And how many blown head gaskets had to happen on the Focus before Ford did something? If you want to boast about great engineering, you don't bring up Ford in the conversation.

Poor build quality and engineering are two different issues. The Focus RS HG fiasco was workers at the Ford Plant not paying attention to what HG they were putting into the engine. I cant speak for the Mustang GT Issues.

Poor build quality and engineering are two different issues. The Focus RS HG fiasco was workers at the Ford Plant not paying attention to what HG they were putting into the engine. I cant speak for the Mustang GT Issues.
The wrong HG being the root cause was just a theory. Many believe it was just a poor design. Ford, as usual, was silent as to the real cause.