Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call or come see why Tim Dahle Ford is the fastest growing Ford dealer in the Western States. No Hassle No Games. Simple, we will beat any legitimate Ford deal by $300.00. Low Overhead = Low Prices.

What qualifies as a legitimate Ford deal?? MSRP?

"Must finance with Ford Motor Credit"...to get it for "MSRP" of $100k.

I hope car dealers all burn.

Reactions: finman100
I was planning to buy an EV Truck. I figured it just uses cheap electricity. Then I read a article that mentions they still use a lot of electricity. Which made since when I thought about it. So I decided to buy an MYP instead. I didn’t realize how big the difference was until I saw this. The MYP gets 41 MPGe more. I don’t need a truck that much. For the few times I need it, I’ll just rent one.
I have been happy using my MY and MS as "trucks". Obviously a limit as to what you can get in the back but I have had dishwashers (in the MS) oversize cabinets (partially out with a warning flag) but you get the picture. It is amazing what can be hauled in a sedan or crossover.

Call or come see why Tim Dahle Ford is the fastest growing Ford dealer in the Western States. No Hassle No Games. Simple, we will beat any legitimate Ford deal by $300.00. Low Overhead = Low Prices.

What qualifies as a legitimate Ford deal?? MSRP?

"Must finance with Ford Motor Credit"...to get it for "MSRP" of $100k.

I hope car dealers all burn.
Some deal when you know every new car out there can go for sticker price.
As for ford credit, hold it for a month to get whatever discount, then move it to your credit union at a low rate.

car dealers can be sleazy, but it's hard to beat the service dept compared to tesla. Ford lives or dies by the F150, they have a serious interest in keeping
them on the roads with happy owners who keep coming back. It's also nice to call the service guy who you've known for 20 years and talk to a human.

anyway, a legit deal: just ask them to put it in writing, thats it.

Some deal when you know every new car out there can go for sticker price.
As for ford credit, hold it for a month to get whatever discount, then move it to your credit union at a low rate.

car dealers can be sleazy, but it's hard to beat the service dept compared to tesla. Ford lives or dies by the F150, they have a serious interest in keeping
them on the roads with happy owners who keep coming back. It's also nice to call the service guy who you've known for 20 years and talk to a human.

anyway, a legit deal: just ask them to put it in writing, thats it.
Judging by the Mach-E's service woes, I beg to differ regarding dealer service. Ford's dealers are seeming to be more and more like a joke, especially when it comes to EVs. Untrained staff and the lack of proper equipment seem more common than it should be. And cars are kept for long periods without a proper diagnosis. In the end, a Ford engineer shows up with a band aid rather than a fix. The customer leaves and returns with the SAME issue at some point.

Look at the Mach-E after all this time. No real fix for a lot of their electrical, battery drain problems. Just band aids. Trust me when I say, the F-150 is going to be the same service nightmare.

Having the manufacture directly involved with service will almost always result in a better experience, especially with EVs. But not only that, you need good engineers and a good design from the from the ground up. Two areas where Tesla is superior. They just need more locations, but I would place their service way above Ford's at the moment.

Having the manufacture directly involved with service will almost always result in a better experience, especially with EVs. But not only that, you need good engineers and a good design from the from the ground up. Two areas where Tesla is superior. They just need more locations, but I would place their service way above Ford's at the moment.
I have found the repair of high volume Ford products superior to Tesla. But all the old manufacturers will likely be terrible for several years when it comes to repairing EV specific parts.

Tesla is headed in the right direction with the combination if insurance, service center and bodyshop. But they still need to accept that when there is scarcity repair parts must be prioritized over production parts.

Reactions: dbldwn02
I would be very interested to read over that list. Can you send me a link for that.
PM sent. For others, I'm not sure what the policy is here on posting links to other forums, but a google for "f-150 lightning forum adm" will get you the info you seek.

Mods - feel free to delete if this is out of line. Or tell me I can post the direct link and I'll do so.

Has Ford released information on the Ford Intelligent Backup Power feature been released on if it will be compatible with having solar panel inverters active during a power outage? This would allow you to replenish the battery pack in the Lightning during the day, even without grid power. While this is not a hard requirement for my use, it would be nice to know that I could run off the existing solar panels during an extended outage due to a zombie apocalypse.

The typical power power outages in the local area is only a couple seconds with only a handful lasting into multi-hour outages. During one storm last year, I was trying to clean out the carburetor on my small Honda generator at 1:00 AM to be able tun run the sump pump overnight.

I’m not sure where people are getting these $20k market adjustment. Dealers aren’t getting their own inventory, those who were invited to place orders where given the option to change dealers before placing their order. Anyone paying Market Adjustment is just lazy or uninformed.

Reactions: Leeclanual