Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The review are in.

4.1 sec 0-60 no 5 second rule like the Mach-E

The Pro gets 4.4 sec 0-60

Not bad at all.

CNN says Lightning is (mostly) better than gas F-150s. Osborne ;-)?
Ford's electric F-150 Lightning is the best version of America's best-selling truck
(The also typo the name).

Looks like there is FINALLY something that is as compelling as a Tesla.
Yes, I know Tesla not producing the Cybertruck, I am going on the net sum of all the features being better than parts.
IOW, the E-150 (F-150 Lighting) may have set the standard for all E-trucks in the future.

Question: will this spur the adoption of electric tools over gas?

Not everyone wants to wait 3-4 months for a special order car which is why dealerships will always be around no matter how much we want them to just die
Ford Lightning is only a 3 year wait time (200,000 pending orders) get your order in now. Either you or the StealerShip can flip?
Won't build enough fast enough - will they? no one meeting electric demand, not even Tesla.

The review are in.

4.1 sec 0-60 no 5 second rule like the Mach-E

The Pro gets 4.4 sec 0-60

Not bad at all.

Yawn, the usual Ford butt kissing and some Tesla bashing thrown in between. I also doubt the times. 4.1 is probably 4.5. 4.4 is 4.8 when owners actually dragy test their cars.

Even with its glaring issues, the Mach-E is still getting 'awards' and accolades with no mention whatsoever of the problems. Yet if a Tesla brakes too hard, it makes the news.

Yawn, the usual Ford butt kissing and some Tesla bashing thrown in between. I also doubt the times. 4.1 is probably 4.5. 4.4 is 4.8 when owners actually dragy test their cars.

Even with its glaring issues, the Mach-E is still getting 'awards' and accolades with no mention whatsoever of the problems. Yet if a Tesla brakes too hard, it makes the news.

I know…. Teslas are perfect with no “glaring” issues…. How could there be Tesla Bashing when they have nothing to compare it with?

I know…. Teslas are perfect with no “glaring” issues…. How could there be Tesla Bashing when they have nothing to compare it with?
I would call about 12% of owners getting stranded with the 'stop safely now' message a glaring issue that's unmatched:

And the CyberTruck bashing was in the TFT video.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mockingbird
I would call about 12% of owners getting stranded with the 'stop safely now' message a glaring issue that's unmatched:

And the CyberTruck bashing was in the TFT video.

Did they just say it doesn’t exist or that it’s the Truck version on the Aztec? You can’t bash something that is not out yet for them to test.

I just watched some reviews this morning and was impressed with the value of the pro model for $39k. Its almost perfect, but I'd want the extended battery pack and the only way to get that is the next trim level. Was shocking to see a $32.5k difference between the two lol.

I'm real sick of trucks being turned into luxury vehicles. No frills pro model has everything I need besides the range.
1652366842893.png

I just watched some reviews this morning and was impressed with the value of the pro model for $39k. Its almost perfect, but I'd want the extended battery pack and the only way to get that is the next trim level. Was shocking to see a $32.5k difference between the two lol.

I'm real sick of trucks being turned into luxury vehicles. No frills pro model has everything I need besides the range.
View attachment 803282
$13k to go XLT from Pro
$19.5k to get extended battery with 39% range increase, 32% Horsepower increase, and included Ford Charge Station Pro ($1,310).

I suspect that the Pro version is being sold at-cost (or maybe even at a small loss) just so that Ford can say that have an EV truck for under 40k. It's possible to order the Pro extended range if you're a fleet customer, so I suspect that they're still making a bit of money on those.

I wouldn't be surprised if they barely make any normal Pro versions and next year it jumps up in price.

Reactions: MontyFloyd
One of the reviewers ran a 4.18 0-60 in a Lariat large battery version. I ordered one a year ago and I'm actually going to buy it when it arrives. The build date is first week of June.
Will you pay a premium if required? If so how much over MSRP would you be willing to go? I do want this to succeed but unwilling to enterain any mark up so I probably won't be getting on. I originally ordered one just after they started taking reservations but cancelled when the local dealer explained that they will charge a market adjustment. I have heard that Ford is trying to stop this but I don't really know if they are successful.

I'd buy one today if they had one in stock and didn't charge a market adj.

Reactions: Zer0t and Brando
Looks like an amazing truck. I reserved one minutes into the presentation and was in Phase Two of the order process. All the Pro models were sold out, so ended up booking an XLT and it's set to be delivered at the end of this month but I'm no longer in a position to take delivery. Wish I could find a way to sell the reservation but for now, I'll just need to let it go.

Shame cause it looks like an amazing truck. :(

Reactions: Zer0t and T3SLAROD
Looks like an amazing truck. I reserved one minutes into the presentation and was in Phase Two of the order process. All the Pro models were sold out, so ended up booking an XLT and it's set to be delivered at the end of this month but I'm no longer in a position to take delivery. Wish I could find a way to sell the reservation but for now, I'll just need to let it go.

Shame cause it looks like an amazing truck. :(
It is very likely you can sell it within hours of putting it up for sale, at a profit!

The Pro model seems to be an insane value. Even I'm tempted by it and I'm by no means a fan of Ford products and I hate trucks! Too bad the MSRP is probably just a pipe dream for most people and by the time supply catches up to demand, I'd be shocked if the MSRP is still $40k.

It does seem like a very compelling vehicle and I suspect real truck people would probably favor this over Rivian, Cybertruck, and the GM E-trucks.

Reactions: Brando and SumOne