Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per their site:

2018 mid range M3: $47,545
2021 long range M3: $68k
2022 long range MY: $76k

Asking quite a bit.
Heh, funny.
Ask pricing in late April, and was given pricing from lowest at $29k to $49k.
40% inflation over night?

Leaf is not even close to value of M3 (even with its solid Level 3 automation). $35K would be a fair price as of this post.

Last edited:
I just watched some reviews this morning and was impressed with the value of the pro model for $39k. Its almost perfect, but I'd want the extended battery pack and the only way to get that is the next trim level. Was shocking to see a $32.5k difference between the two lol.

I'm real sick of trucks being turned into luxury vehicles. No frills pro model has everything I need besides the range.
View attachment 803282
Yeah unfortunately pro extended is fleet customers only. I hope that changes.

You're in New Hampshire. You know nothing about the market nationwide much less here in the NW. I did check and no dealer I called in OR or WA would commit to a MSRP price. They all said"WE'LL SEE when it comes in". Oh yea if its so simply why did Ford issue a nation wide threat to dealers that were charging massive mark ups demanding they sell at MSRP?

I ordered shortly after they open up. The way it worked then is you sent your $ to Ford and they assigned you a dealer that you were supposed to use (it would be delivered to them). That made it impossible to use another dealer. Refuse to pay a mark up and they would just sell it to someone who would. So how was I suppose to do all this simple homework? Could be different now but they've already lost my business.

It amazes me that folks try to defend Ford dealers in any way. You shouldn't have to play the old shop around game and hope you can find someone who will play nice.

And that folks is why I will probably never get one. And I'm ok with that.

I do have a CT on order so I'll have to limp along with my Tundra until I can get what I want.
When I ordered mine I chose the dealer. That’s seems to hold true with everyone on the Lightning forum.

Reactions: tga
Insane!

It is, and more insane if you walk in there and buy it. They can’t sell that thing for 6 months anyway. Other than that, that dealers is selling at MSRP for customers who ordered.

The insane part is these scumbags charging for Fender Liners that come from the factory.

It is, and more insane if you walk in there and buy it. They can’t sell that thing for 6 months anyway. Other than that, that dealers is selling at MSRP for customers who ordered.

The insane part is these scumbags charging for Fender Liners that come from the factory.
Yea, I noticed the fender liners on the sticker and was like huh? I thought it was some add on but no as you wrote. That's some really over the top scumminess.

Insane!

Yea, I noticed the fender liners on the sticker and was like huh? I thought it was some add on but no as you wrote. That's some really over the top scumminess.

These are many of the reasons I will not buy a Lightning.
Official response from Ford:

This is inaccurate. The dealer confirmed it was an error and the MSRP was input twice online. In fact this a demo unit and not for sale. The sticker was removed within 24 hours. https://t.co/KbaGdNukj6

— Mike Levine (@mrlevine) June 8, 2022

Official response from Ford:

This is inaccurate. The dealer confirmed it was an error and the MSRP was input twice online. In fact this a demo unit and not for sale. The sticker was removed within 24 hours.

So, the MSRP should be $34,772??

It is still theft, and a fool would pay anyone that much mark up.
Then again, there are those with more $$$ than brain cells.

I already see that it has the similar throttling issue like the Mach-E after a couple runs. So that's a bit of a downer right there but not surprising. Overall not bad, but considering the Rivian R1t does 11.6-11.7 in the quarter, I wouldn't call it impressive, but decent.

I already see that it has the similar throttling issue like the Mach-E after a couple runs. So that's a bit of a downer right there but not surprising. Overall not bad, but considering the Rivian R1t does 11.6-11.7 in the quarter, I wouldn't call it impressive, but decent.

If the latest Mach-E recall is any indication, the Lightning might also have undersized high voltage contactors, which would force Ford to limit the power output of the truck in software as a safeguard. I doubt most people would ever notice this limit however.

If the latest Mach-E recall is any indication, the Lightning might also have undersized high voltage contactors, which would force Ford to limit the power output of the truck in software as a safeguard. I doubt most people would ever notice this limit however.
Interesting question... constant towing uphill into the wind in winter versus 1/4 mile drag strip pulls.
Heat is as current squared, and towing cuts range in half, so it should be 4x heat generation.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16

The R1T is also a smaller vehicle with less space in the cabin and bed. The Lightning times are impressive as are the R1T's.

No one is going to be racing stop light to stop light in these trucks. At least that's what I think.

Reactions: Brando