Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The R1T is also a smaller vehicle with less space in the cabin and bed. The Lightning times are impressive as are the R1T's.

No one is going to be racing stop light to stop light in these trucks. At least that's what I think.
The Rivian is about the same weight or heavier. It's just a lot more powerful. It is a tested 3-3.3 0-60 truck. Yes, people are going to be stoplight racing in these for certain.

How? The times were consistent, reaction times were not.
Watch the video from 7.20 or so.

Last edited:
The Rivian is about the same weight or heavier. It's just a lot more powerful. It is a tested 3-3.3 0-60 truck. Yes, people are going to be stoplight racing in these for certain.

Watch the video from 7.20 or so.

Ford stated there were no limitations like the 5 secs. they put on the Mach-E. So who knows what is going on. We'll find out soon enough.

It's going to be hilarious watching people stoplight race these things .......... or embarrassing.

Finally saw my first Lightning in SoCal.

These are harder to spot than Rivians because they are very similar to the ICE F-150. Easier to determine from the front but from the rear, have to look for those LED taillights and a possible lightbar on the tailgate.

I wish I put in a reservation for one of these... at the rate the CT is taking... I could probably drive it for 2 years before I can get a CT anyways... and not lose too much on resale.

It seems like Ford has now raise the price of the base F-150 Lightning to $52,000:

1665001362130.png

How many of the $40k variants did they actually sell before raising the price by 30%?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Good luck finding any at MSRP. Even if you order one after the dealer agrees to sell at MSRP upon delivery they can change it and if you walk they simple market it locally at the Mkt adjusted price until some smuck pays their asking price. Oh and per Ford corporate you can’t move your reservation once it‘s set. This type of info and experiences are all over the Lightning forums.

Too bad because I’d probably buy one today even at the increased price. I’m resigned to driving my tundra for a few more years.

I have a feeling Ford is pulling a Tesla and wants to make the price of the Pro so close to the XLT with ER that people just opt for that.

I don't think that is it. The XLT with ER is now $80,974. I wouldn't call that close to the price of the Pro at all.

1665021488790.png

Which also puts it just over the limit for the $7,500 tax credit... (Assuming it qualifies under the other restrictions.)

Last edited:
Reactions: T3SLAROD
I have a feeling Ford is pulling a Tesla and wants to make the price of the Pro so close to the XLT with ER that people just opt for that.

They are also taking features away as Tesla did. We are going on 3 years with this excuse about “chips”
The only shortage of chips is the one in their coffers. This was quite evident in their price hike after the Armed Tax Collector bill passed.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
Good luck finding any at MSRP. Even if you order one after the dealer agrees to sell at MSRP upon delivery they can change it and if you walk they simple market it locally at the Mkt adjusted price until some smuck pays their asking price. Oh and per Ford corporate you can’t move your reservation once it‘s set. This type of info and experiences are all over the Lightning forums.

Too bad because I’d probably buy one today even at the increased price. I’m resigned to driving my tundra for a few more years.
Local dealer agreed to MSRP on order and that's what we paid on delivery. $40k Pro, only option was the $1060 "Pro Power Onboard" option. ~$43k out the door (delivery + the usual license/title/doc fee BS)