Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fabrication Usb Extension - Wireless Charger

would you buy one if created?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I shot @epares a pm regarding molds or fabrication to figure out how to put a Wireless charging pad in the roadster where the ipod connection and rest is since people typically put their modern phones in that spot while driving.

Also Possibly a usb extension hub / plug that connects into the current usb that molds into the slot in order to output and power 2 usb slots. Almost like the Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub

I was thinking of opening one of these $16 Ankler wireless chargers https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wireless-Qi-Certified-Compatible-PowerPort/dp/B0753Z4PGC

Curious to hear your thoughts if this was possible to remold or fabricate the holster to accommodate a wireless charger.

Would you want one?

IMG_7915.JPG
IMG_7914.JPG

I bought a 5 dollar lightning conversion adapter and my iPhone 8 Plus charges and connects to the radio just fine. I will fashion a simple plastic clip to hold it in place with a heat gun and scrap plastic.

Wireless chargers would require that I wear a tinfoil helmet to prevent my thoughts from getting muddled. LOL

I clip my phone into a holder that attaches with a suction cup to the windshield in the lower left corner. For charging, I have a USB cable that drapes over the steering wheel housing, and down to a USB charger plugged into the 12V accessory port. It's perhaps a little crude, but it works.

I strongly prefer the windshield position over the center console one, as it's a lot easier to glance at, say, Google Maps, while driving. So, thanks for the offer, but no taker here.

So I shot @epares a pm regarding molds or fabrication to figure out how to put a Wireless charging pad in the roadster where the ipod connection and rest is since people typically put their modern phones in that spot while driving.

Also Possibly a usb extension hub / plug that connects into the current usb that molds into the slot in order to output and power 2View attachment 537094 View attachment 537095

I pulled out the 30-pin connector and ran a USB cable with a female end where the 30 pin used to be. What I would reall love is some sort of way of putting my phone in that slot and connecting it while sitting there. Currently I use a lightning to USB cable and put the phone on the floor near my seat. And if I brake hard the phone slides forward. Not ideal. Would prefer it sit where the old iPod used to sit.

I pulled out the 30-pin connector and ran a USB cable with a female end where the 30 pin used to be. What I would reall love is some sort of way of putting my phone in that slot and connecting it while sitting there. Currently I use a lightning to USB cable and put the phone on the floor near my seat. And if I brake hard the phone slides forward. Not ideal. Would prefer it sit where the old iPod used to sit.

Here’s my current setup:

1CF7DDFD-2359-4871-B10B-7E811BEB02CF.jpeg

This^^ same for my iPod. Plus I have a wireless charger holder for my phone that fits on the dash over the airbag on the passenger side, I drive solo 95% of the time and it unclips when my wife is with me. Most of the time I don’t bother putting my phone in the holder, I just hang my sunglasses bag from it. Now make a sunglasses holder, that’s what I need seeing we all have taken off our sun visors. Nothing that requires adhesive or making holes. Have not found a good place yet, but I’d someone else thinks of something good I’m in.

i like the hub idea.

i have a Pixel 2XL and it doesn't fit in the stock iPhone area so something there may not work well with the whale sized phones a lot of folks have these days, unless it sat up higher (bottom level with the top of the current "cradle")