TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Facebook Group: To Merge or Not To Merge

Discussion in 'Texas' started by chargedcowboy, Dec 26, 2014.

1. chargedcowboy

chargedcowboy Member

That is the question.

I see that you already have a Texas group going. I started an Oklahoma group with our friends in Tulsa who received their Model S one day before us. The first person to join besides us was Rick Bollar. So I thought over whether to keep the group pure with Oklahomans or combine Texans. I changed the name to Red River Tesla Group to include our friends down south.

So, what do you all think? Combine? Keep it above the Red River? We will have to wait a couple more years before there are literally hundreds of Tesla owners in Oklahoma to share with.

2. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

I think the exchange of travel tips could be awesome from a combined group.

3. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

I suggest you keep your focus, but let us Southerners and other interested parties join. Many of us in North Texas have closer ties to Oklahoma, than our friends in other parts of Texas.

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Agree. Can keep your own group to let it grow but allow others interested to join as well. No need to separate purely on state lines.

5. MartinAustin

MartinAustin Active Member

Eventually you will have a lot more in the Oklahoma group, and will need the separation. It would be my suggestion for you (and anyone else that wants to) to be in both groups for now, and check what is going on in both, but eventually drop out of one of them, once your local group provides enough Facebook Fun :)