TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Facelift head lights on a 15?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by QwiksilverA4, May 14, 2017.

1. QwiksilverA4

QwiksilverA4 Member

Hi everyone, has anyone tried to retrofit the new facelift headlights to 12-16 cars?
    I know the bumpers are done widely, but its a bit incomplete without the lights. direct plug and play?

2. kev1n

kev1n Member

from what i've read, they are not plug and play. they have different adapters.

also the bumper isnt exactly plug and play either, the new hood and mounting brackets are different

however karstyle or unplugged does offer something similar for the older cars

• Like x 1
  3. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

You don't want to do that. The old headlights are superior in their ability to actually light up the road, especially on low beam. In fact the new headlights were rated poor by IIHS tests. Tesla said they will make improvements but we have not head anything since.

I am actually wanting to swap the other way, wanna trade?