Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facelift hood on nose cone MS.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello friends,

I’ve just gotten back my front facelift bumper from the paintshop and installed it. I knew I would have this so called underbite, due to the shorter hood on the nosecone MS.

From my due diligence I found out that the cleanest way to solve this aesthetic issue, would be to replace the nosecone hood, with a facelift hood.

Now for my question:

I have a nosecone P90D (late 2015), dual motor / small frunk, with a SINGLE pin frunk latch.

Is it correct that this can be 1:1 replaced with a facelift hood? Striker / Latch would fit without adjustment - correct?
Any other parts or mods that I would need - or is just buying the hood enough?

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Hello friends,

I’ve just gotten back my front facelift bumper from the paintshop and installed it. I knew I would have this so called underbite, due to the shorter hood on the nosecone MS.

From my due diligence I found out that the cleanest way to solve this aesthetic issue, would be to replace the nosecone hood, with a facelift hood.

Now for my question:

I have a nosecone P90D (late 2015), dual motor / small frunk, with a SINGLE pin frunk latch.

Is it correct that this can be 1:1 replaced with a facelift hood? Striker / Latch would fit without adjustment - correct?
Any other parts or mods that I would need - or is just buying the hood enough?

Thanks in advanced for your help!
Any interest in selling your nose cone if it is in great condition? :)