Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facelift Model S Access to firemans loop connector on RHD vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I need to disconnect the 12V battery on my late 2017 MS90D, and according to fixmytesla I should also disconnect the firemans loop connector. When I looked today it looks like I can disconnect it, but reconnection looks difficult due to very poor access to the connector lower half - its crammed between the windscreen reservoir lid and the brake fluid master cylinder. All the online manuals refer to the LHD vehicle which has easy access. Has anyone done this before?

Regards Spanish

IMG_20210314_120457.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it is of no help whatsoever. Ideally I need someone with a facelift MS to send me a pic of their fire-mans loop in their car so I can compare. It may also be very useful for other Model S owners to understand the problem (if there is one) before they need access in an emergency.

Spanish

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it is of no help whatsoever. Ideally I need someone with a facelift MS to send me a pic of their fire-mans loop in their car so I can compare. It may also be very useful for other Model S owners to understand the problem (if there is one) before they need access in an emergency.

Spanish
Does page 7 in the Model S Emergency Response guide help?

I want to disconnect the connector which isolates the hv battery. I dont want to cut anything. Once im done i want to reconnect the connector - but i cant due to no access to the connector lower half. Look at the picture.

I think the suggestion is can it just be disconnected at one end (and isolated)?

Moderator comment - thread closed as its been cross posted in Access to firemans loop connector

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.