Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facelift Model S For sale 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My post doesn't say is price is good, bad or indifferent. My comment on price was in reference to my car not his. I stated I'd be following the post. My hope being that perhaps I'd learn that my estimate of the value of my car was not correct and hopefully more rather than less. Opinions have zero to do with the value of anything. They are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. No more no less. For my sake I hope OP got what he was asking.

You say that your car is similar and don't think it's worth what the seller is asking. You can't see how the average person interested in this person's car would read that and have second thoughts about their asking price?

You don't NEED to state publicly that you're following the post. Click the "watch" option at the top and quietly follow the post. It's a very simple concept. If you absolutely feel compelled to post publicly (why?) then try something simple and positive like:

"This car is similar to mine and while I personally haven't examined this specific car nor do I know the seller I love my car and know that whoever buys this car will likely get as much enjoyment as I have out of mine. Good luck with the sale!"

See how that's not negative or questioning the price in a negative manner?

Here's a thought... keep your opinion to yourself especially if you don't see how it can negatively impact someone's for sale post. A simple example of no action is the proper action specifically in the marketplace subforum. It's not like you're required to post to this person's thread and just don't understand what you should or shouldn't post. Just don't post. Keep the chit chat and thinking out loud to threads in other subforums like General or model specific discussions.

The marketplace is NOT the place to pad your post count or question a seller's motive/thinking or tell us your opinion on the price of your car especially if it's negative.

This is all basic common sense type stuff but if you're still confused after having it spelled out for just don't post in other people's threads in the for sale section. Problem solved.

• Funny
Reactions: cucubits
This is all basic common sense type stuff but if you're still confused after having it spelled out for just don't post in other people's threads in the for sale section. Problem solved.

You should follow your own advice too in that case. The same way those discussing about a sellers price may be bending some rules, you are also not the one to point it out. You are not a mod, no one made you the Mall Cop of the sales section.

You should follow your own advice too in that case. The same way those discussing about a sellers price may be bending some rules, you are also not the one to point it out. You are not a mod, no one made you the Mall Cop of the sales section.
Speak of the devil...

I'm not sitting idly by and allowing a small group of anonymous bullies to thread crap on a seller's thread. I reported the posts and for whatever reason staff wasn't quick to respond to reports of posts that specifically violated forum rules. This seemingly gave people like you the false sense that what they were doing wasn't wrong. It was. You can follow me all over this forum like a lost puppy reply to my posts and it doesn't change that fact. Your posts were toxic and downright rude and now that staff is cleaning them up you should take a hint.

The only reason I'm continuing to respond to off-topic posts in this particular for sale thread is that the seller stated he already sold his car. This conversation is the exact type of thing that was occurring in active for sale threads which is shameful. Your toxic posts served only your own purposes of trying to steal a car from someone for far less than market price regardless of how much you try to label it as protecting others.

It's just sad that we need actual rules in place telling people to be respectful and even then a few trolls feel it doesn't apply to them.

Price commenting is actually EXPLICITLY against the rules here, and the "frequent offenders" know who they are.

The mods just don't patrol the FS threads enough to properly enforce the rule compared to the number of threads there are daily in the FS forum.
Thank you for echoing this once again as some people don't seem to understand this very simple fact. It's a SUPER relevant point to this off-topic conversation as well as off-topic conversations in other for sale threads.

My only motivation to commenting publicly to those repeat offenders was to try to bring attention to the rules that were being grossly violated.

Thank you for echoing this once again as some people don't seem to understand this very simple fact. It's a SUPER relevant point to this off-topic conversation as well as off-topic conversations in other for sale threads.

My only motivation to commenting publicly to those repeat offenders was to try to bring attention to the rules that were being grossly violated.

HA HA HA . . . guess who rated my post "disagree"? Disagreeing with the rules then I guess . . . LoL.

HA HA HA . . . guess who rated my post "disagree"? Disagreeing with the rules then I guess . . . LoL.

Of course I disagree. I wouldn't call what's going on in some sales threads here a "gross violation". Come on guys, do you hear yourselves how silly you sound?

Imagine this scenario, maybe the mods ignore those who bend this rule from time to time because they see themselves how some sellers put completely delusional prices and work towards ruining the used market with these insane ads.

*NOT referring to this particular thread. This is indeed a nice car and I'm happy the owner got to sell it. The prices was fair-ish.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ostrichsak
Of course I disagree. I wouldn't call what's going on in some sales threads here a "gross violation". Come on guys, do you hear yourselves how silly you sound?

Imagine this scenario, maybe the mods ignore those who bend this rule from time to time because they see themselves how some sellers put completely delusional prices and work towards ruining the used market with these insane ads.

*NOT referring to this particular thread. This is indeed a nice car and I'm happy the owner got to sell it. The prices was fair-ish.
But and this is a big butt.....why do you or others police the pricing of the for sale section? Do you email sellers on only used Tesla or ebay? What about car gurus or autotrader? What about other cars for sale, like Mercedes or bmw etc. If I want to sell my 2013 S for 45k then I have every right to list if for that, doesnt mean it will necessarily sell for that price but even if it did that's between the person selling and the person buying.

You're delusional. Don't mistake the mods having too much in their plate with some sort of tepid support of your actively, grossly and aggressively violating site rules & regulations. If you seriously think they support this level of toxicity towards a group largely comprised of newer members of this community you're not as intelligent as I previously gave you credit for which was already a very, very low bar.

There's no saving this one, try as you might. I think it's time you quit while you were behind. Just walk away from this idiotic argument and hope that, in time, other members will forget how rude you were for self-gain.

But and this is a big butt.....why do you or others police the pricing of the for sale section? Do you email sellers on only used Tesla or ebay? What about car gurus or autotrader? What about other cars for sale, like Mercedes or bmw etc. If I want to sell my 2013 S for 45k then I have every right to list if for that, doesnt mean it will necessarily sell for that price but even if it did that's between the person selling and the person buying.

This is how I see a forum, a place where people can post information, opinions, fact, whatever vs ebay/any sale site with one way communication.

Some choose to post here to get some insight on pricing their used car. I understand that such advice is not always welcome but I can't just sit idly when some sellers actually seem to price their car just to take advantage of a potential buyer not knowing what they should be paying. At least here we can make a difference, on ebay, not so much.

This is how I see a forum, a place where people can post information, opinions, fact, whatever vs ebay/any sale site with one way communication.

Some choose to post here to get some insight on pricing their used car. I understand that such advice is not always welcome but I can't just sit idly when some sellers actually seem to price their car just to take advantage of a potential buyer not knowing what they should be paying. At least here we can make a difference, on ebay, not so much.

Cool, feel free to start your own forum and make it a complete free-for-all devoid of all respect and common decency. I'd be interested to see how long that little experiment lasts.

We agree on one thing: open conversation and active community participation with one caveat: the marketplace isn't the place for it.

The other parts of the forum are fantastic for discussing your ideas and opinions... not the marketplace. Period.

In a thread where nobody specifically solicits your opinion it's against the rules to volunteer it. Period.

It doesn't matter what you think about this or anyone else's opinion is because it's the rule. Period.

I hope this is clear enough for your to understand so we don't have to keep having this same childish conversation.

Cool, feel free to start your own forum and make it a complete free-for-all devoid of all respect and common decency. I'd be interested to see how long that little experiment lasts.

We agree on one thing: open conversation and active community participation with one caveat: the marketplace isn't the place for it.

The other parts of the forum are fantastic for discussing your ideas and opinions... not the marketplace. Period.

In a thread where nobody specifically solicits your opinion it's against the rules to volunteer it. Period.

It doesn't matter what you think about this or anyone else's opinion is because it's the rule. Period.

I hope this is clear enough for your to understand so we don't have to keep having this same childish conversation.

You must be a real peach of a person to be around live. Quite sad actually, going to great lengths and attacks just to "enforce" and hide behind some rules. I have always been against this typical herd mentality and I will not stop just because you tell me. I will ignore your pokes though...

Period :p

You must be a real peach of a person to be around live. Quite sad actually, going to great lengths and attacks just to "enforce" and hide behind some rules. I have always been against this typical herd mentality and I will not stop just because you tell me. I will ignore your pokes though...

Period :p
Actually I'm quite easy to get along with as long as you're not an internet bully hiding behind anonymity and professing to be some sort of knight in shining armor while your true intentions motivating your toxic posts are obviously selfish reasons. Then yeah, we wouldn't get along in real life at all. This has nothing to do with "herd mentality" but nice try. I love people who use hot button phrases when they seemingly have no idea what they actually mean. Add that to the list of people I don't get along with in real life since you seem to be so concerned with who I am as a person since it has so much to do with this conversation with you ignoring forum rules for personal gain.

I guess you glossed past that part about quitting while you were behind. You seem to have picked up a second shovel to dig that hole you're in deeper. Good thinking.

Actually I'm quite easy to get along with as long as you're not an internet bully hiding behind anonymity and professing to be some sort of knight in shining armor while your true intentions motivating your toxic posts are obviously selfish reasons. Then yeah, we wouldn't get along in real life at all. This has nothing to do with "herd mentality" but nice try. I love people who use hot button phrases when they seemingly have no idea what they actually mean. Add that to the list of people I don't get along with in real life since you seem to be so concerned with who I am as a person since it has so much to do with this conversation with you ignoring forum rules for personal gain.

I guess you glossed past that part about quitting while you were behind. You seem to have picked up a second shovel to dig that hole you're in deeper. Good thinking.

Since you already came to the conclusion that it's pointless and silly to keep explaining this to me, why do you keep replying with lowkey stabs? Let's add one more then: you are so insecure that you always must have the last word in... Good job!

Edit: adding predictable to the list too. At this point I knew 100% this discussion will go exactly as it went :)

Screenshot_4.jpg

The fact that he sold it verifies what I was saying about respecting other member's for sale posts. People need to keep their opinion to themselves about pricing. If they're truly interested in buying they need to send a private message to the seller to discuss pricing to see if they can reach an agreement on terms. Publicly bashing someone's for sale thread to try to make it seem like you know more than the seller is incredibly rude and it needs to stop.
I at least didn't intend to post an personal opinion about what the price of this car should be. I said it could sell for the price listed but there was some current listings that showed at least some cheaper cars out there. You just seem to be a bit overly aggressive that anyone making any reference to the price of other cars is trying to cheapen the sale because they are trying to get a deal or something. I'm not trying to bash ops thread at all. There is a real difference in being intentionally misleading or lying about the numbers to cheapen a sales post (which is totally uncool) and simply referencing actual listed or recent sold cars or mentioning an uncertainty about a listed feature like with the supercharging transfer issues. Someone can look at that info and compare and still buy the car at that price, but that doesn't make the info irrelevant. I don't see the problem with helping someone make an informed decision when buying a car as long people are honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: cucubits
Since you already came to the conclusion that it's pointless and silly to keep explaining this to me, why do you keep replying with lowkey stabs? Let's add one more then: you are so insecure that you always must have the last word in... Good job!

Edit: adding predictable to the list too. At this point I knew 100% this discussion will go exactly as it went :)

View attachment 474562

I for one appreciate those that call out the unrealistic prices. I like it even more when people link to cars Tesla has for sale cheaper.

C'mon guys. It's an internet forum. I have seen people list cars for more than you could buy a new car directly from Tesla for. If you're dumb enough to do that, then you deserve to be called out .... or at least justify your price.

Well priced cars sell quickly on here. It's no coincidence that I see the same 10 cars listed for months.

It's a public forum, posting here shouldn't be without the opportunity for questioning if you're being unrealistic.