Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facelift without premium pack.. Frunk space?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just last week the Tesla gent told me the frunk is slightly larger with RWD. He even showed me how much bigger it would be
I believe that Tesla employee is incorrect. Tesla really needs to train their sales force better.
I love my old frunk on my RWD
The frunk in my "classic" RWD S is fabulous but I am willing to give it up in exchange for the advantages of the Model 3. Right now when my wife and I take trips we never have to fold down the rear seats to make room for all the stuff we carry, but when we get our 3 I'm sure we will travel with the rear seats flat and have plenty of room, even with the relatively small Model 3 frunk.
My Owner Advisor told me that the frunks are the same size, regardless of configuration on th MS.
I believe that is correct, and I understand why Tesla has gone that direction: a single set of frunk parts for all models for manufacturing simplicity.

On the Tesla store website they have two frunk mats but the smaller one says "
TESLA PN: 1019289-02-A

"*NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MODEL S REFRESH"

What I see is that there are two Model S frunk mats for sale on the Tesla website.

This one Tesla — Model S All-Weather Front Trunk Mat - Dual Motor is for Dual Motor cars made before the recent front bumper change, the "refresh".

This much larger one Tesla — Model S All-Weather Front Trunk Mat is for single motor (RWD) cars made before VIN 21270, as stated on that page.

I do not see a frunk mat for sale that is for the recent "refresh" Model S cars. Apparently they do not yet have that for sale. I'm sure they will later this year.

Wait a minute. Just last week the Tesla gent told me the frunk is slightly larger with RWD. He even showed me how much bigger it would be. Now, I ordered a 60D so it will be smaller anyway but the RWD is larger if he is correct. ( Another question to ask tomorrow) I am "test" driving an S even though I am already sold on the car and money plunked down for that smaller frunk
S60, AP, Pano, Ocean blue over tan

No premium pack, I'd rather go on vacation... 3 times. Also maybe I'll see if I can swap in an older big frunk lining.

It's a pretty low spec car but it won't feel like a stripper with the leather and pano. i think of it like the cheapest house in an expensive neighborhood
The beauty of the S : there is no need to pile on the options like a Mercedes Benz. So many goodies come standard. :)
mine:
60d
white
AP
Leather
Pano
That's it and it will be one hell of a car :)

Wait a minute. Just last week the Tesla gent told me the frunk is slightly larger with RWD. He even showed me how much bigger it would be. Now, I ordered a 60D so it will be smaller anyway but the RWD is larger if he is correct. ( Another question to ask tomorrow) I am "test" driving an S even though I am already sold on the car and money plunked down for that smaller frunk

The beauty of the S : there is no need to pile on the options like a Mercedes Benz. So many goodies come standard. :)
mine:
60d
white
AP
Leather
Pano
That's it and it will be one hell of a car :)

Well that's still about $7000 in options which is pretty comparable to what I've seen as the difference between BMW base prices and one you'd actually want to buy.

I priced a BMW 535i in April when I was still a young,brash gent :) I have learned alot since then :) I was over $60k easily with a few options and yes it would have been cheaper to buy than an S and is a great car. Last year I looked into MB, spoke with a sales rep. and thought about purchasing one. I don't remember exactly what options I wanted but the cost OVER the initial MSRP was like $15,000. They are all in it to make money, including Tesla but I felt like MB was piling on extra $

I priced a BMW 535i in April when I was still a young,brash gent :) I have learned alot since then :) I was over $60k easily with a few options and yes it would have been cheaper to buy than an S and is a great car. Last year I looked into MB, spoke with a sales rep. and thought about purchasing one. I don't remember exactly what options I wanted but the cost OVER the initial MSRP was like $15,000. They are all in it to make money, including Tesla but I felt like MB was piling on extra $

Yeah I pointed a few people at the spreadsheet on teslacost.com for a good breakdown of the real cost of owning a car. I spent the last 5 months running anything that crossed my mind through there. Nothing that was significantly cheaper appealed to me (5 year old Prius or Highlander Hybrid).

My benchmark was a CPO BMW X3. Once the 60 came out and it was basically tied with that I pulled the trigger. A new Tesla is a very different class of car than a used BMW.

I forgot about the BMW or MB and reserved a model 3 with the full intention of waiting till 2018. Even the price drop down to a 60 did not move me. Then I test drove the S and it was all over :)
Yeah a friend just asked me if he'll get to ride in it when he visits in August. I warned him that I drove a friend's P85+ in February and now I have an order in on my first new car ever