Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facelifted Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made another mockup as well based on the studio images.
Don't think this will happen though, since the new face is part of a falcon concept, which wouldn't make sense without the doors.

Model S facelift.png

Don't think this will happen though, since the new face is part of a falcon concept, which wouldn't make sense without the doors.

View attachment 96685

I actually like the look of a Model S with this new nose design, even in white. What it is missing are lights that complement the new design. With appropriate newly designed LED lights I think the new design will look sleeker and more modern than the current nosecone design. What is going to mess up this design is the front license plate.

Too bad we can't all form a corporation in a state that has no front license plate law along with no property/sales tax and have the cars registered to and titled in that state :)

View attachment 96685

I much prefer the first mockup. That one looked like the T logo over hanged a bit over the remainder of the bumper "like a cliff overlook a raveen" while this one looks like the T may be pushed back further.

Much of this is likely a bias because I absolutely love the front end of the Mazda 6, which the first mockup more closely mimics.

At first, I was like oh h*llz no, don't wreck the S. But these mockups look pretty good, even in white. Less Space shuttle looking in white.

I might upgrade if they redesign the front, add in ventilated seats, pano windshield, bring back the + plus suspension, and a real ludicrous mode that can actually hit 10.9 in the 1/4 mile.

Also the rear chrome facia was recently changed with no announcement. It has much higher relief TESLA letters and the overlap lens' are upturned vs downturned on the previous facia.

The larger relief in the lettering was a contribution made to the design by Jerome Guillen. He tried to get Musk to approve the applique over a year ago and Musk resisted. This is according to someone who knows Jerome and relayed this information either here or at TM Forums.

Am I the only one who sees a Mustang front end smoothed over? Or perhaps even the Focus grille smoothed over? MX looks great but I see a little bit of Ford in the facelift.

I definitely see the resemblance, because the nose of the car slants backwards/inwards, and the "bumper" lower portion then sticks out slightly. A Google image search for "Ford Mustang profile" will give people a better idea of what I am attempting to say.

I don't mind at all. The Mustang is an American icon, and I believe that in time, Model S will also be as iconic. Model S certainly has the power to run with the best of the muscle cars.