Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factors in Model X Reservation Cancelations vs. Conversions to Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a sig reservation holder with a lowish number (#205), my biggest worry is that the first group of cars will be offered in limited colors. I can live with practically anything except a color I don't like. Hopefully one of the grays will be available (my kids hate how boring my choice is - but I happen love gray cars.) I wouldn't buy it if it only came in white, black, or God forbid, red.

As a sig reservation holder with a lowish number (#205), my biggest worry is that the first group of cars will be offered in limited colors. I can live with practically anything except a color I don't like. Hopefully one of the grays will be available (my kids hate how boring my choice is - but I happen love gray cars.) I wouldn't buy it if it only came in white, black, or God forbid, red.

Anyone remember what the Model S Signature color selection was? Outside? Inside? Any pointers there?

You can always drop down to production. Will push you back a few months maybe, but if it's anything like the S sig line, you'll actually come out ahead going with a production vehicle vs sig if you're not into the signature color.

Anyone remember what the Model S Signature color selection was? Outside? Inside? Any pointers there?

White, Silver, Black and Signature Red. I do believe there was a white signature interior as well, but I'm a little hazy on that since I chose black seats with red piping.

I always thought that the black seats with red piping looked really nice. Why is it that the current interior Model-S colours are all-black, all-grey and all-beige. Grey and beige look terrible to me and black seems like a heat magnet, but it does look the best. Just wish there was some piping to give it a bit of style. I really hope the Model-X will have better options.
Maybe the vegan seat selection will have better colours. :wink:

BTW, with regards to the battery sizes, its entirely possible that Tesla may only offer 1 size: 85kWh or larger. They removed all mention of battery size options from the Model-X page, along with almost everything else. But I agree that if they do have a 2nd battery option, it would likely be a 70kWh battery.

Last edited:
The two major factors that will determine my purchase decision are what features are available in Model X that aren't available in Model S, and how quickly are they able to ramp up production. My car is due back in November and it's obvious my reservation number won't be called by then, but I'm fine extending my lease by a couple months to wait for Model X. If I need to extend my lease by longer than that it begins to make more sense to look at alternative vehicles. I'd just as well buy a Model S and claim the tax credit this year if it turns out the only major feature I'm giving up is the higher seating position and headroom of a SUV (I don't need towing or 7 seats). I just don't want to end up with buyer's remorse once I start seeing Model Xes around wishing I would have waited.