Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory 1/4 time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought the Acceleration Boost and made some test runs with a friends DRAGY and i can’t find the published factory time. Spoiler alert I managed less than 4.3 seconds 0 to 60. Will post screen shots but trying to figure out the data it presents. My 1/4 times were recorded as INVALID because I had lifted off the throttle on both of my runs. To be honest I wasn’t planning on testing the 1/4 times as that’s dangerous and stupid but given the road and conditions I pushed it. But something caused me to lift near the end of each run. But I was within “feet” of completing each run so I have times.

Thanks

Let’s hear the times! Side note... I’d expect lower than 4.3 with a rollout , as the car stock is faster than 4.8... if you do it with a rollout. Tesla quotes their performance cars with a rollout vs the non performance cars are quoted without a rollout.

also very interested in the trap speed on the 1/4 mile run as that would be very indicative of the power from a roll.

P9kBJQX.jpg

My buddy is still trying to figure out how to use this gizmo, some of the data seem corrupted or incomplete. This is the once piece of data that is complete. Looks like I'll have to make a few more runs to gather the rest of the data. Additionally as best as we can make out my average 0 - 60 times is 4.29 seconds but the app says INVALID. Not sure what that means and how to fix.

Reactions: mark95476 and Stach
P9kBJQX.jpg

My buddy is still trying to figure out how to use this gizmo, some of the data seem corrupted or incomplete. This is the once piece of data that is complete. Looks like I'll have to make a few more runs to gather the rest of the data. Additionally as best as we can make out my average 0 - 60 times is 4.29 seconds but the app says INVALID. Not sure what that means and how to fix.

Not an expert on this device but I think INVALID typically stems from a sub-optimal GPS fix. Did you guys place the receiver such that it has full view of the sky?

You'll want to make a run in both directions. The one you posted was a little down hill.

I'm looking forward to seeing 1/4 mile times once someone gets to the track. You were very close to the 1/4 mile mark when you stopped. The invalid notation on some of your runs was from a weak GPS signal, not lifting your foot off before the 1/4 mile mark.

Thanks for doing this!

Thanks for testing and posting your results.

There won't be official published 1/4 times from Tesla. You hit on the reason why and it's probably illegal--way past speed limits and would prob be considered racing.

You can probably get unofficial numbers from Dragtimes and other reviewers. They usually get the P and have to find someone with the LR to loan or test for them.

I just bought the Acceleration Boost and made some test runs with a friends DRAGY and i can’t find the published factory time. Spoiler alert I managed less than 4.3 seconds 0 to 60. Will post screen shots but trying to figure out the data it presents. My 1/4 times were recorded as INVALID because I had lifted off the throttle on both of my runs. To be honest I wasn’t planning on testing the 1/4 times as that’s dangerous and stupid but given the road and conditions I pushed it. But something caused me to lift near the end of each run. But I was within “feet” of completing each run so I have times.

There won't be official published 1/4 times from Tesla. You hit on the reason why and it's probably illegal--way past speed limits and would prob be considered racing.

You can probably get unofficial numbers from Dragtimes and other reviewers. They usually get the P and have to find someone with the LR to loan or test for them.

Tesla has access to a closed course

haha, you really think Tesla does their testing on regular streets?

Last edited:
My buddy didn't read the instructions very thoroughly, that's his MO. We just went out and made some runs. I'm inclined to think they are faulty and I'll need to re-conduct these tests again. I will not attempt anything more than 0 - 60 runs.

I appreciate the comments and tips on how this gizmo works.

Reactions: mark95476
I think your redo times will be close.

Not telling you how to live your life, but a strip is the proper place for 1/4s (slips or not).

My buddy didn't read the instructions very thoroughly, that's his MO. We just went out and made some runs. I'm inclined to think they are faulty and I'll need to re-conduct these tests again. I will not attempt anything more than 0 - 60 runs.

I appreciate the comments and tips on how this gizmo works.