Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory 22" vs. aftermarket for MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! They are AG Luxury AGL23s - not cheap, but really the highest price wheels for the money are the OEM wheels....cast wheels for the better part of 4K and for the same price you can get something 40% lighter and forged!

Does Avant Garde make a different set of AGL23s. Lol
I was going to get AGL23s but after seeing yours, i have had a change of heart.

That is a great looking set up!!

22s look nice on the X, but I wouldn't do it if potholes are an issue. For sure they will ride worse than 20s and much more likely to damage a rim. FWIW I really like the look of the OEM 22s and would probably go with those if I really wanted the look. But I'm sticking with stock 20s on mine!

22s look nice on the X, but I wouldn't do it if potholes are an issue. For sure they will ride worse than 20s and much more likely to damage a rim. FWIW I really like the look of the OEM 22s and would probably go with those if I really wanted the look. But I'm sticking with stock 20s on mine!

I am in sacramento. the roads are pretty good here. We have had 22 inch wheels on our MBZ GL450 for the past 5 years and they have held up great. Although the model X is for my wife, I cant stand the look of the X with 20s.

Now that I haven’t tried. And today it wouldn’t have worked well with crappy signal in the mountains. But something to try, for sure. I keep thinking the browser is worthless. But I guess it’s not that worthless, thanks! :D
How have you done? :)

you can see some pix of my progress...the lower % efficiency was a trip yesterday with rain, and the % efficiency today is higher as it's not raining...

rainy effeciency.jpg good weather effeciency.jpg

I was thinking the same, AGL 23's are not the same style. It appears the style is AGL27's according to the AG Luxury website.

AG Luxury Wheels - AGL27

totally correct- I misquoted the model number.

The ones depicted on that link are a different form factor - they are 3 piece with an aggressive lip. That isn't my thing - the build that I went with is a 2 piece forged with hidden hardware. There are a lot of options for the overall build type and finish...