Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Build Update Wait (SW 2022.11.101.1)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my MYLR with FSD on 5/27 and the factory software on my car has been 2022.11.101.1 since then. I have heard on here that it takes 4-6 weeks to get a new software update from the main code branch, but in the meantime, it looks like I can’t join the beta (I’ve opted in and have plenty of miles with NAP enabled, but no hint of anything happening.) I’m hoping that the beta will still be taking new testers when we get our update, but it seems possible that the current release rollout could be over by then.

I thought I would make a thread for others in the same situation so we could watch for cars with 11.101.1 to start updating and see if we are still able to join the beta when it happens (but mostly so that I would have others to commiserate with.)

It took about 3 weeks before I saw an update in both my MY (last year) and my Plaid (picked up on the 19th, got my first software update yesterday.)
That’s great to know. Do you recall what SW version your Plaid had before it updated? Just wondering if batches of cars all come with the same version, and then that version gets integrated into the main branch and everyone updates, or whether it’s really on a car-by-car basis (independent of the factory version.)

Also, are you opted into the FSD beta? Did you get in with your update yesterday?

I think I'm the exception, but I was only on the factory branch for maybe 24 - 48 hours before going to the non-Beta "Christmas 2021" release. I didn't get FSD Beta at that time, but was part of the group that got it on June 4th.

That’s great to know. Do you recall what SW version your Plaid had before it updated? Just wondering if batches of cars all come with the same version, and then that version gets integrated into the main branch and everyone updates, or whether it’s really on a car-by-car basis (independent of the factory version.)

Also, are you opted into the FSD beta? Did you get in with your update yesterday?
Sorry I don’t recall the version number other than it was definitely a 2022…

I am opted in, but I didn’t do it until after the update. I had the beta on my Y and wasn’t in any hurry to mess with the safety score BS in my Plaid, at least not until I knew I was getting updates. I only have about 70 miles since opt in, so no invite so far.

I am at exactly 6 weeks since I took delivery and still on factory software. I don’t have WI-FI at home, and only a couple hours a week when I park close at work. Perhaps that’s why I’m an outlier for the 4-6 weeks timeframe.

I took delivery of a Model X in early May, and got a software update within a day or two. It had been on a 2022.x.101.y release, and went to I think 2022.12.3.2, and then a week or two later IIRC 2022.12.3.16 (I've now received the beta).

I don't know what to say other than make sure you set up WiFi, park overnight where you get a WiFi signal, and set your software preference to Advanced in the in-car UI. I hear you can request a service appointment where you ask them to push a software update and they can do it (not the beta but a regular software update), but I haven't done that myself.

We have FSD beta on our 2018 Model 3 (initial 100 score last October), but what’s strange is we just took delivery of another Tesla on 2022.11.101.6 a few days ago, and already got 2022.16.1.1 less than 24 hours later. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It sounds like you have a safety score in your Tesla app, so it’s probably not this solution, but good to check just in case: Safety Score not reflecting any trips
my safety score has been showing trips since I entered.

I took delivery of a Model X in early May, and got a software update within a day or two. It had been on a 2022.x.101.y release, and went to I think 2022.12.3.2, and then a week or two later IIRC 2022.12.3.16 (I've now received the beta).

I don't know what to say other than make sure you set up WiFi, park overnight where you get a WiFi signal, and set your software preference to Advanced in the in-car UI. I hear you can request a service appointment where you ask them to push a software update and they can do it (not the beta but a regular software update), but I haven't done that myself.
Need to get a mesh network, or run some Ethernet to get WiFi where I park at home. Updates have been set to advanced since delivery. I also get WiFi at work, every Monday when I park close to the building. With good speeds tested from speed test on the browser.

Picked up Model Y on 4/25, still on factory software and no FSD beta. Enrolled right away and have a 96 safety score…. Cmon Tesla, give us the beta!!!
You’ve been about 4 days longer than myself on factory software. I also enrolled I think two days after delivery. Been on a 98 ever since.

• Informative
Reactions: TresLA and Ykobzar2
my safety score has been showing trips since I entered.
Yeah, just saying maybe they could check just in case there’s something on Tesla’s end that’s holding your VIN back from updates. Maybe just file a service request anyway (there’s a “software update” selection under the “infotainment” section) to see if they can check for that and also just to ask for them for to push an update.

Reactions: oneday
I think I'm the exception, but I was only on the factory branch for maybe 24 - 48 hours before going to the non-Beta "Christmas 2021" release. I didn't get FSD Beta at that time, but was part of the group that got it on June 4th.
Same!

-ish…

I picked up my M3 on December 23, and soon after I got home, it already wanted to upgrade out of the factory branch. I only experienced v10 on the drive home, so v11 is kind of all I’ve ever known.

Unfortunately, I’m still not on the beta despite meeting all of the requirements. I need to email them about that…

Yeah, just saying maybe they could check just in case there’s something on Tesla’s end that’s holding your VIN back from updates. Maybe just file a service request anyway (there’s a “software update” selection under the “infotainment” section) to see if they can check for that and also just to ask for them for to push an update.
Prudent advice, thanks. I scheduled a mobile service visit for this Wednesday.

Reactions: TresLA