Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory console mounted pop out rear cupholders for S & X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like the title says, this is the rear mounted pop out cupholders that come with the Model X and late 2016 and higher Model S consoles. I have retrofitted them on my refreshed Model S that did not come with them and I'm fairly certain that they should fit on most, if not all, Model S consoles. This is for the cupholders only, you will still need to acquire the lower trim, the cupholder trim, and the vent bezel for a full retrofit. $100 plus shipping.

Cupholder%202.JPG

Cupholder%203.JPG

Cupholder%204.JPG

Cupholder%205.JPG

I’m very interested in doing this... I have a late 2015 build. What’s the process for retrofitting and how do you tell if it’s possible?
Pop off the rear cover of the center console (it's held in place with spring clips) and see what the console carrier looks like. If it's metal with two bars crossing, it won't fit. If it's plastic and looks like what is below it should fit.
IMG_3425.JPG

If you do have the correct console carrier, you will need to pop out the rear vents, pop off the rear side trim panels, slide in the cupholder assembly, and then put the four bolts (two on each side) in that hold the cupholder assembly in. Reassemble the sides and vents. You will have to source the rear lower trim, the cupholder trim, and the upper vent bezel. I have been working on 3D printing the upper vent bezel and the cupholder trim.