TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Factory events on the agenda

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by luvb2b, Apr 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. luvb2b

luvb2b Member

i was curious if the factory events would include at least a partial tour or a look at manufacturing? some of us can't take delivery at the factory so this would be a perfect alternative.

2. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Second the tour if it's possible to request.

3. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

Me too but wonder if they normally work on the weekend?

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Touring the factory (esp while its working) for those of us that don't live on the West Coast has always been an impossibility - I'd love to see that set up as an option on the Friday afternoon or Sunday morning?

5. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

+1 this. I'm 50/50 on going, but that would make it worthwhile for me.

6. K Hall

K Hall Member

I definitely would like a factory tour.

7. lodenthal

lodenthal Member

The factory tour is great and yes, when we took delivery in January they were working weekends. You can take delivery 7 days a week (at least you could back then) so pushing for a factory tour would be worthwhile..

8. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

I'm flying in Thursday night (JetBlue #669 NYC -> SJC arrives 10:16pm) and would love to have or join a factory tour on Friday morning....

Anyone else planning on flying in Thursday night?

Aaron

9. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Bonnie - Aaron brings up a good point. Those of us flying in from out of town are excited about a factory tour when the factory is running. It looks like the TESLIVE schedule Saturday at the factory has a general session and a party - so it appears no real time for a factory tour. If that's correct, it would be great to know that so some of us can try to arrange a Friday factory tour as Aaron suggests. Or perhaps Tesla will host an optional TESLIVE factory tour, say 3-5 Friday, aggregating all of us instead of a bunch of individual requests. Good to know how this is laying out so we can try to plan our flights and Fridays. Thanks.

10. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

+1 on the factory tour

11. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I am checking into the possibility of factory tours at times that would work for all of you. Give me a couple of days to give an official answer. :)

12. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Thank you. Happy to help.

13. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Excellent. I was planning on arriving late Friday, but this may move me back to Thursday. :)

14. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

I'm flying in Thursday night too, from Toronto

15. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Bonnie

Thanks so much - this would mean so much to us out-of-towners!

I originally reached out to Shanna Hendriks (who I was in touch with from the @TeslaRoadTrip) but then it was only me and she was unsure anything could be done -- perhaps if enough are interested, they can arrange one on Friday. I was also encouraged to reach out to Dan Myggen, but have not heard back from him...

Aaron

16. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

We have someone at Tesla on it (including a link to this thread, so they could see the timing requests first-hand). When I hear back, I'll post what's happening.

17. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

I got a relatively tepid tour back in January as the factory was not running while everyone was prepping for a belated holiday party that evening. This is tempting enough that, even as a local, I may take that Friday off from work and join the gang (and plead with the wife to do the mundane stuff such as school/camp runs) :)

18. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Bonnie + Tesla Monitor - My son (cattlepup) and I would definitely fly in Thursday PM to make a Friday group tour. Thanks!

19. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

Thank you Bonnie for all your (and everyone else) effort with the whole event.

If there is a list of interested people for a factory tour, please add my name to it. I do not have flights yet, Friday might be best for now, but I could also do Monday.

Thanks so much,

NJ Plugin

Model S “Nikki T” - 85kWh, Green Metallic Paint, Tech Package, Tan Leather, Lacewood Trim, Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels, Air Suspension, Studio Sound – Finalized April 19, 2013

20. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

Count me as another out-of-towner that would love to join in on a factory tour. My availability on Friday might keep me from joining in however - it looks like I'll be working that day until mid afternoonish. I'll keep an eye on what gets made available though and see if I can figure out a way to make it work.