Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory events on the agenda

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The factory tour is great and yes, when we took delivery in January they were working weekends. You can take delivery 7 days a week (at least you could back then) so pushing for a factory tour would be worthwhile..

I'm flying in Thursday night (JetBlue #669 NYC -> SJC arrives 10:16pm) and would love to have or join a factory tour on Friday morning....

Anyone else planning on flying in Thursday night?

Aaron

Bonnie - Aaron brings up a good point. Those of us flying in from out of town are excited about a factory tour when the factory is running. It looks like the TESLIVE schedule Saturday at the factory has a general session and a party - so it appears no real time for a factory tour. If that's correct, it would be great to know that so some of us can try to arrange a Friday factory tour as Aaron suggests. Or perhaps Tesla will host an optional TESLIVE factory tour, say 3-5 Friday, aggregating all of us instead of a bunch of individual requests. Good to know how this is laying out so we can try to plan our flights and Fridays. Thanks.

I am checking into the possibility of factory tours at times that would work for all of you. Give me a couple of days to give an official answer. :)

Bonnie

Thanks so much - this would mean so much to us out-of-towners!

I originally reached out to Shanna Hendriks (who I was in touch with from the @TeslaRoadTrip) but then it was only me and she was unsure anything could be done -- perhaps if enough are interested, they can arrange one on Friday. I was also encouraged to reach out to Dan Myggen, but have not heard back from him...

Aaron

I got a relatively tepid tour back in January as the factory was not running while everyone was prepping for a belated holiday party that evening. This is tempting enough that, even as a local, I may take that Friday off from work and join the gang (and plead with the wife to do the mundane stuff such as school/camp runs) :)

Thank you Bonnie for all your (and everyone else) effort with the whole event.

If there is a list of interested people for a factory tour, please add my name to it. I do not have flights yet, Friday might be best for now, but I could also do Monday.

Thanks so much,

NJ Plugin

Model S “Nikki T” - 85kWh, Green Metallic Paint, Tech Package, Tan Leather, Lacewood Trim, Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels, Air Suspension, Studio Sound – Finalized April 19, 2013

Count me as another out-of-towner that would love to join in on a factory tour. My availability on Friday might keep me from joining in however - it looks like I'll be working that day until mid afternoonish. I'll keep an eye on what gets made available though and see if I can figure out a way to make it work.