Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory is shut for the week of July 27 for retooling for model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey kids,

I was told for a fact that the factory is shut down this week. I was trying to schedule a tour for an out of country guest.

I was told by more than one Tesla employee that it is shut down for a change in machinery. Obviously they need to adjust the factory from time to time and for the Model X. But it does not tell you when the Model X is shipping.

If they do indeed start producing Model X next week, perhaps they will be final release candidates which could get used as demo/loaner/test drive vehicles. Maybe some founder vehicles at the end.

But I guess I'm reading what I want to see it the OP message. :)

Now thinking my bet with Bonnie and Nigel is less crazy. Phew. Bonnie, I have a friend who prints a 3D tool to pick blackberries that you can stick on a pole and not get cut up too badly. Nigel, I like really tart key limes, make sure they're just right. ;) Oh dear... time to practice eating crow.

I heard from a friend who heard from his cousin's father's college roommate's uncle that the real reason for this shutdown is the factory will be completely retooled.
No more robots...
All Model X and Model 3 vehicles are going to be built by Oompa Loompas. Willy agreed to sell the whole lot of them to Elon for the first vehicle with warp speed drive installed.. :wink:

I heard that the factory was shut down two weeks to ramp up for the Model 3, which the Founders have already configured on their secret personal website. Model X is now scheduled to be released after the Model 3. At least, that's what I heard from a completely unreliable source posting on a web forum.

If they do indeed start producing Model X next week, perhaps they will be final release candidates which could get used as demo/loaner/test drive vehicles. Maybe some founder vehicles at the end.

But I guess I'm reading what I want to see it the OP message. :)

Now thinking my bet with Bonnie and Nigel is less crazy.

Sure, Paul. If it makes you feel better for the moment .... sure. :)

I just wanted to quickly go on the record to say that if you don't hear from me when the X is revealed, then the mods have agree to delete my account (and successfully done so). The head mod says that "second" and "puppet" accounts are not allowed per the forum rules. I don't see anything in the forum rules saying it is not allowed. They will do as they like...

I just wanted to quickly go on the record to say that if you don't hear from me when the X is revealed, then the mods have agree to delete my account (and successfully done so). The head mod says that "second" and "puppet" accounts are not allowed per the forum rules. I don't see anything in the forum rules saying it is not allowed. They will do as they like...

Solution: Post from your primary account.

Read the TOS again. Multiple people have been banned for this specific violation. Don't play the victim.

Read the TOS again. Multiple people have been banned for this specific violation. Don't play the victim.

If I'm missing something please tell me. This is what I found. Hence my comment....they can do as they please.

Forum Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. In addition, we ask you to keep your posts polite and respectful of others and that you stay on the main topic of the thread.
The owners of Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item, as well as remove any user from the service, for any reason.

Are you now admitting this is indeed a second account?
If I'm missing something please tell me. This is what I found. Hence my comment....they can do as they please.
Its in there. Bolded for you.
4. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY

You will set your own password and account designation upon completing the Service's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. Members are not allowed to register more than one user name on the site under different addresses. In doing so your accounts can be removed without notice with all posts removed. You agree to (a) immediately notify TMC of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. TMC cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section

I would never break an NDA, not even with clever word games.

Are you under NDA from Tesla?

I previously had understood you denying this?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not condoning throwawayaccount or necessarily agree with his methods, however, I feel that individuals should have the right to anonymity if they so desire. Having a 2nd account or an anonymous account can achieve that. Deleting his primary account is also an option and may be preferable.

If we want TMC to be the source for Tesla conversation and news - unofficial news included - the ability to use anonymous accounts is pertinent to protect sources. Possible current affiliation with TMC shouldn't affect that. I too think an exception in such cases would be wise and founded. (To be clear, I have a single account here because I have no sources or secrets to share. :)

As usual, some of this thread seems overly hard on the OP. Of course we should calmly weigh the claims, but a lot of it seems a bit mean, really.

Thank you for the few analytical posts, great Mercedes factory reference included.

If we want TMC to be the source for Tesla conversation and news - unofficial news included - the ability to use anonymous accounts is pertinent to protect sources. Possible current affiliation with TMC shouldn't affect that. I too think an exception in such cases would be wise and founded. (To be clear, I have a single account here because I have no sources or secrets to share.

From experience I'd say that 99% of duplicate accounts are created for mischief. Sock-puppets destroy conversation.

But we're off topic again.....

- - - Updated - - -

Are you under NDA from Tesla?

I previously had understood you denying this?

If Bonnie denies it you'll just wonder if she's unable to tell you; if she's under an NDA she logically wouldn't be able to confirm it.

(Yossarian would have loved this).

From experience I'd say that 99% of duplicate accounts are created for mischief. Sock-puppets destroy conversation.

But we're off topic again.....

- - - Updated - - -

If Bonnie denies it you'll just wonder if she's unable to tell you; if she's under an NDA she logically wouldn't be able to confirm it.

Anonymous sources are hardly a new invention. They are pertinent to the free flow of information (and at times, thoughts). I agree assessing their reliability is hard, but that is part of the territory.

As for NDAs, I won't doubt a known members word if they deny having one, no worries. I agree person under an NDA might not be in a position to comment on it.

As for OT, most of this thread is. But to get back: I think the OPs claims are plausible, as is him/her knowing someone who works at Tesla. Of course we have many other pointers to this bit of info, not just OP.

It will certainly be interesting to see if OPs nosecone claims bear fruit. He/she of course isn't the only one to hint at such there, as we recall the September leakster claiming nosecone would be gone (similar rumor though not same).

Not only that, sock puppet accounts are appropriately named because very often the owner of the sock puppet account will use the original account to lend credibility to the sock puppet assertions, by responding affirmatively to their own post under the original name. Nefarious. That's why most forums find it to be a bannable offense. The TOS is clear. Of course, people can open an account under an anonymous name and use that on the forum - no one is saying anonymity cannot be maintained. But yeah, totally agree ... sock puppetry is not good.

Haha. I have to admit I had a bit of an eye roll moment, since I don't believe there is anything I've said to imply I was (or might be) under an NDA. But people see what they want to see, I suppose.

Not only that, sock puppet accounts are appropriately named because very often the owner of the sock puppet account will use the original account to lend credibility to the sock puppet assertions, by responding affirmatively to their own post under the original name. Nefarious. That's why most forums find it to be a bannable offense. The TOS is clear. Of course, people can open an account under an anonymous name and use that on the forum - no one is saying anonymity cannot be maintained. But yeah, totally agree ... sock puppetry is not good.

The problem with such a limitation, though, if a person starts an affiliation with the forum before becoming privy to anonymity-requiring information they would like to share. Such a rule would limit this kind of information unnecessarily, hindering the value that could be brought into the conversation.

It is one thing to sock puppet debates, which I agree is not cool, but quite another to behave like throwawayaccount, the September leakster or the likes of Eds which seem to have legitimate reasons for anonymity. Of course any or all of them can be unreliable, wrong or trolling, but that we can determine through conversation and time.

Haha. I have to admit I had a bit of an eye roll moment, since I don't believe there is anything I've said to imply I was (or might be) under an NDA. But people see what they want to see, I suppose.

It was a simple question to the message where you referred to NDAs. I thought you might have attended the NDA tour, for example, based on the quoted comment above and older discussions where I agree you said no NDA. But OK if it was just a joke I misread. Acknowledged.